Bridgeport Scores

What did you expect? You can say this for any corps that does one or 2 DCA shows and then pops up at finals weekend. They should make Finals, I would be stunned if they did.

How would you feel after watching a first/2nd place corps being anounced in last place with an insulting score ?

I had friends from every competing corps asking me why they got so beaten down by the judges. I did not know what to say. The bottom line is that every one knew it wasn't right.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Frank, you're coming out and stating unequivocally that Kidsgrove should clobber Cabs!

You heard it here folks. For Frank Ponzo to make a statement like this there must be some serious fire power from across the pond. Essentially I think that Frank is saying that the English haven't laid a beating like this on the Spanish since the destruction of the Spanish Armada in 1588 (and they needed a storm for that victory - maybe the Hurcs can help out!!!)

Man Frank, this is a ballsy prediction, especially for someone with his roots in the Cabs organization. I have to give you credit for chutzpah.

Can't wait to see if you're right!!!

Ray......play nice.....

First let me state that I don't like anyone beating my Cabs......I think you all know how I feel about that.

But, that being said, I thought that Kidsgrove could have beat the Cabs....yes.

Clobber??? That's a big word Ray...even for you!!! Clobber would have been a beat down....and Kidsgrove did not lay a beat down on the Cabs or anyone. As I mentioned in one of my other posts, it could have gone any way between Kidsgrove, Hurcs and Cabs....look for it Ray, you will find it. I have seen Cabs and Hurcs battle it out all year, and I do see many mistakes in their shows respectively....

I honestly thought that KS marched better than both Cabs and Hurcs.....I thought KS Guard was very well thought out, and had some really great moments....better than Hurcs? No.... Better than Cabs? Well....maybe, but it was close. I thought Cabs won horns....and KS would have been a very close second. They are very musical, and have very nice balance and blend. Nothing too difficult, but the sound they produce was amazing....KS drumline really hurt (I thought)....those light weight drums do nothing for them....they sound like tin cans. I hope they get a better set of drums before prelims....could be the difference!!

Edited by FPonzo

Ray, I'll be honest here. I will always love, respect and support my fellow Hurcs who are current marching members. They did a great job last night and I am happy for them. With that being said, I think me and Frank experienced the same feelings durring the scouts performance. We both felt like our home teams could possibly be taken down by the scouts. They were that good.

Thanks.......ummm.....

(who am I thanking????) LOL

But you're right....I did feel that way!!!

Ray, I'll be honest here. I will always love, respect and support my fellow Hurcs who are current marching members. They did a great job last night and I am happy for them. With that being said, I think me and Frank experienced the same feelings durring the scouts performance. We both felt like our home teams could possibly be taken down by the scouts. They were that good.

Bleeding heart tories. Next you're going to say they won at Bunker Hill, Concord, Valley Forge! Connecticut is the right stage for them to get what's coming to them. As my dad always told me, "Never forgive, never forget!" Enough of this Royalist prattle, I say! We beat them in 1776 and we'll beat them at the Battle of Bridgeport and the Battle of Rochester and send them packing once again. They'll be slipping across the border in Canada by Monday night!

No mercy!!!

Ray......play nice.....

First let me state that I don't like anyone beating my Cabs......I think you all know how I feel about that.

But, that being said, I thought that Kidsgrove could have beat the Cabs....yes.

Clobber??? That's a big word Ray...even for you!!! Clobber would have been a beat down....and Kidsgrove did not lay a beat down on the Cabs or anyone. As I mentioned in one of my other posts, it could have gone any way between Kidsgrove, Hurcs and Cabs....look for it Ray, you will find it. I have seen Cabs and Hurcs battle it out all year, and I do see many mistakes in their shows respectively....

I honestly thought that KS marched better than both Cabs and Hurcs.....I thought KS Guard was very well thought out, and had some really great moments....better than Hurcs? No.... Better than Cabs? Well....maybe, but it was close. I thought Cabs won worns....and KS would have been a very close second. They are very musical, and have very nice balance and blend. Nothing too difficult, but the sound they produce was amazing....KS drumline really hurt (I thought)....those light weight drums do nothing for them....they sound like tin cans. I hope they get a better set of drums before prelims....could be the difference!!

Frank,

Whew - for a second there I thought you were taking me seriously!!! What's it been? Almost 30 years? I don't care who they beat, as long as it's not the Hurcs. Gotta have loyalty. Plus I don't understand English corps. Probably a language issue.

If God had wanted English corps in DCA he would have started drum corps in Old Jersey instead of New Jersey. Let them go do half time at Manchester United matches.

Should be a good show between Hurcs and Cabs, huh? Shall you and I make a smallish wager??

BTW I did hear you correctly about West Sayville "clobbering " Mass Brass, Star United and what did you call them "Sinus Wave?"

I'm sure you're right.

The best DCA performance I have seen in years.

They were simply the best that night. And yes, when all the other corps ran out of gas by their finale (typical), These Englishmen just keep putting out.

An outstanding performance and easly the best hornline .............

Judges, please get some b..... for finals

Hope they will return for many more years ...............

Edited by CT_BugleBoy

Nothing new here...drum guys spread, brass guys keep it close. If that is the case Joe...it still doesnt equal ten points.

DA

aka brass guys dont want to get yelled at, drummers don't care :thumbup:

Bleeding heart tories. Next you're going to say they won at Bunker Hill, Concord, Valley Forge! Connecticut is the right stage for them to get what's coming to them. As my dad always told me, "Never forgive, never forget!" Enough of this Royalist prattle, I say! We beat them in 1776 and we'll beat them at the Battle of Bridgeport and the Battle of Rochester and send them packing once again. They'll be slipping across the border in Canada by Monday night!

No mercy!!!

Well... so much for that ambassador to Great Britain job you were up for. :thumbup:

No mercy!!!

"Sent Them Packing":

Er, Ray.... :thumbup: You forgot about "Round 2". You remember, 1812, "Fort McHenry", "Francis Scott Key", "Star Spangled Banner", "New Orleans", Andrew "Old Hickory" Jackson... :tongue:

Elphaba