Shows you find entertaining that a lot of others don't

So I might be biased here but i'd say all the Boston shows since 1999. Minus maybe 2000 and 2003 seeing as how they did well...

but shows like 04 Composition of color and 06 Cathedrals of the mind I thought were great and most everyone I talk to thinks otherwise..

Edited by Afort1

Please, everyone...please edit your posts and list the show titles and/or musical selections. For many people, the years just blend together...especially if one's been in the activity awhile. Show titles and/or musical selections help bring memories of shows into focus without people having to run to corpsreps.com.

2008 Cavaliers " Samarai " does get some credit in some quarters, but nowhere near enough credit in my opinion for it's unique playing and conceptul musical design.The percussion section for example played a magnificently well crafted percussion book that captured brillantly this Asian inspired concept. The wonderful creativity of the percussion staff on this 2008 Cavaliers program really comes to the foregroud here, imo. The sound from the percussion section in the closer is unlike anything I have ever heard in a closer from the front battery. Cavs 2008 gets nowhere near the creative credit it deserved from the judges, nor many natonal fans, in my opinion. I''ve listened to Cavs 2008 " Samarai " a few times on Fan Network and the show ( particularly the percussion parts ) just grows on me very well.

Edited by BRASSO

Blue Devils 2010

Phantom Regiment 1997 (overlooked b/c of 96)

Overlooked b/c they left out 'Kill da Wabbit.' Not unlike 'Faust' without Faust, who ever heard of a 'Ring' without

4. Madison Scouts 1998

9. Cavaliers 1994

4.) Probably the last drum corps show I saw before my 98-03 hiatus.

9.) I have to admit...I ordered 'Night of the Mayas...Day of the Dead' because of their opener. And though they beat us all year, we topped them in Boston when it counted! :thumbup:

Blue Devils' Don Ellis show!!! 93?

:thumbup:

I think he was being ironical...I think there are about 11 people who don't like it.

• Like 1

Ok I'll admit it, I really liked BD '05.

For that matter since '99, BD has never disappointed me and have continued to blow me away with their ability to program amazing shows.

I only disliked 3 words of the '05 show....so I'm with you on that one...

Not necessarily that people don't like, but how about Cadets '01 and Cadets '92? Never talked about. Cadets 92 had a killer mello line.

"Juxtaperformance" is a delightful show.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...