Rochester PRELIMS

It seems a little odd that a corps who doesn't compete in an entire season (or is even a member of DCA as far as I know) could be included in the competition for finals. It's almmost like a Cuban baseball team being given a spot in the Major League Baseball playoffs without going through the 162 game regular season.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that KS are here, and from what everyone has said they are quite impressive. But I'm wondering why theirs isn't more of an "exhibition" type appearance?

Well two valves gets it. This is the DCA World Championship. We control the activity and we control the scores. No way is anyone going to come into DCA and just take over.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My predicition is that the top 5 is not so set. Only time will tell.

You just don't get it. Your used appliances with all their thunder under the sticks are not going to bring you out of the back woods and into the the spotlight.7th place is the best you can hope for and that will be a gift.

Bushwackers will be back in the top 5 and will stomp all over Maytag.

Better luck next year.

Edited by cadetsfan

Does anybody else see an advantage in slotting for the corps who performed this past weekend. It seems that if everyone was slotted according to the prior weekend when everyone performed it would be more fair. Having an extra week to raise the corps' score is kind of biased to those corps with the extra week.

Just saying...

if anything i think it will actually help keep numbers management in line

It seems a little odd that a corps who doesn't compete in an entire season (or is even a member of DCA as far as I know) could be included in the competition for finals. It's almmost like a Cuban baseball team being given a spot in the Major League Baseball playoffs without going through the 162 game regular season.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that KS are here, and from what everyone has said they are quite impressive. But I'm wondering why theirs isn't more of an "exhibition" type appearance?

If it has horns, drums and flags...why not compete against it?

Lets see: fly 3500 miles to do an exhibition...hmmm....dont see a lot of sign ups for that one.

OR fly 3500 miles to compete against the best, for a spot in Finals....everybody in the corps made the trip :)

Lets see #2: take a long bus ride to DCA from Atlanta, Wisconsin, New Jersey or California for a walkover spot in finals....(lame)

OR "Who is coming? Kidsgrove Scouts? To take MY finals spot? Tell them to BRING IT to prelims!...hmmm....this sounds not-so-lame :)

Kidsgrove being here is a win for everyone. The fact that they're good is icing on the cake. God forbid they kick butt and take names! Love it!!!!

Appalachian State wasnt a member of the BCS, the Big 10 or even Division 1 football. They were invited to do an "exhibition" against Michigan. And nobody in Michigan complained when they made the schedule. It was funny how that turned out :)

Besides: Blue Eagles visited from the UK...did one show in Chicago and then went to dci prelims. So did Baymax, British Crusaders, Jubal & Pride of Soka. Beatrix did a one week tour before prelims (and even marched over-agers with a pass from DCI...yes, you can look that one up). nobody was a "dci member". same-same?

We thought it was cool to compete against them. They thought it was cool to compete against us.

Plus they had these neat accents. They said we had accents, too.

Edited by wishbonecav

Well two valves gets it. This is the DCA World Championship. We control the activity and we control the scores. No way is anyone going to come into DCA and just take over.

Huh????

I guess I didn't get the memo. When was it that you bought DCA and now "own" it? Silly me. I thought DCA was comprised of the corps themselves, no matter where they are from.

You should have had another show out in the midwest if that is the case. It really isnt anyone's fault that Hurcs and Bucs have had these weekends for their home shows for decades. It may not be fair, but there ways to make it fair if there was another show out in the Midwest.

Donny

Making those corps (mbi, kilties, govie, hcb, vigilanties) travel that far 2 weeks in a row and then travel to finals the weekend after is to much to ask for. even moving the mn shows to a week later is still a lot of traveling. head up friday go home sunday and then turn around and leave for ny 3/4 days later... now thats unfair.

You just don't get it. Your used appliances with all their thunder under the sticks are not going to bring you out of the back woods and into the the spotlight.7th place is the best you can hope for and that will be a gift.

Bushwackers will be back in the top 5 and will stomp all over Maytag.

Better luck next year.

:thumbup:

well I can see even here tensions are running at a fever pitch, which means only one thing:

GOD I LOVE THE WEEK OF DCA FINALS!!

....Plus they had these neat accents. They said we had accents, too.

No, no, no. Over there, we have the accents. Over here, they do. :thumbup: