2010 DCA Predictions

One and the same in DCA.

Out of the DCA Rules Book: "It is DCA's objective that member corps should be entertaining, unique, emotional, diverse, vibrant, spirited and energetic without sacrificing the highest level of quality. Competition outcomes MUST reflect audience appreciation and provide participant gratification."

:worthy:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every credible organization will have their stated ideals or values, even include them in their by-laws. Credibility is compromised when they purposely ignore their goals. DCA has not, and has done all they can to maintain a niche activity during trying times. Regardless of what you may believe to be conspiracies, or favoritism, or whatever other negative insinuation you'd like to make, the activity is keeping it on the tracks [as opposed to what's happening with DCI, the G7, rumors of band merging, etc]. It's the nature of the beast when competition is involved, and anyone involved can give feedback.

I rarely post, and probably will not again for years after this one. I have competed in DCI and DCA, both out East and Midwest corps, and find the [what I perceive as] attitudes disturbing, and not in agreement with [what is left of] our activity. This is supposed to be our diversion, something we do away from real-life... collective slap to the head, including my corps brethren.

That is all.

Every credible organization will have their stated ideals or values, even include them in their by-laws. Credibility is compromised when they purposely ignore their goals. DCA has not, and has done all they can to maintain a niche activity during trying times. Regardless of what you may believe to be conspiracies, or favoritism, or whatever other negative insinuation you'd like to make, the activity is keeping it on the tracks [as opposed to what's happening with DCI, the G7, rumors of band merging, etc]. It's the nature of the beast when competition is involved, and anyone involved can give feedback.

I rarely post, and probably will not again for years after this one. I have competed in DCI and DCA, both out East and Midwest corps, and find the [what I perceive as] attitudes disturbing, and not in agreement with [what is left of] our activity. This is supposed to be our diversion, something we do away from real-life... collective slap to the head, including my corps brethren.

That is all.

Ignore this man. He knows nothing about drum corps. :worthy:

Seriously.......well-said, Tony!!! Great to see you on here. I hope all is well with you!!!!

Open Class

1. Buccaneers

2. Minnesota Brass

3. Hurricanes

4. Kidsgrove Scouts

5. Empire Statesmen

6. Caballeros

7. Alliance

8. Bushwackers

9. Renegades

10. Corpsvets

uhhh sorry but there is NO way you will see Empire OUT of the top 3... thats wishful thinkin on your part bud...

here is mine:

1. Bucs (only by like .2)

2. Empire

3. Hurricanes (down by like 1.3)

4. MBI

5. Cabs

6. Kidsgrove

7. Alliance

8. Renegades

9. Corpsvets

10. Bushwackers

MBI - 98.225

Alliance - 97.885

CorpsVets - 96.200

Renegades - 96.000

Kilties - 95.350

Bucs - 94.275

Empire - 92.400

Hurricanes - 90.120

Cabs - 89.575

Sun Devils - 85.400

Err.. Oh, wait. You meant 2010??

I was thinking 2012 :worthy:

Nevermind!

uhhh sorry but there is NO way you will see Empire OUT of the top 3... thats wishful thinkin on your part bud...

Uhhh, sorry to you too, but I've been around long enough that I HAVE seen Emprie WAY out of the top 3. I also was in a corps that 15+ pointed them at finals, so my picks are based on a LOT of history, not wishful thinking. I happen to think that the 4 corps I put over them are gonna pull out some incredible performances, the one true wildcard being Kidsgrove.

The Top 7 are gonna be the best in a long time, so a few corps that legitimately have a shot at the top 3 are gonna place a lot lower than they think they will.

So again, I say, this time with scores....

Open Class

1. Buccaneers 99.1

2. Minnesota Brass 98.6

3. Hurricanes 97.2

4. Kidsgrove Scouts 95.9

5. Empire Statesmen 95.8

6. Caballeros 95.0

7. Alliance 92.1

8. Bushwackers 88.5

9. Renegades 88.0

10. Corpsvets 87.6

For the record....My prediction will be that prelims will see Statesmen within tenths of Bucs and pass them by tenths at finals. I also think that Sun Devils will suprise everyone and jump enough to make "A" Finals.

Brassy, I respect your opinion. I don't believe though that ES will ever be that low and Kidsgrove won't be that high. I didn't see them in person but did see the video and was not impressed. I won't judge the music part but marching was not a top 6 program. Sorry, my opinion.

Uhhh, sorry to you too, but I've been around long enough that I HAVE seen Emprie WAY out of the top 3. I also was in a corps that 15+ pointed them at finals, so my picks are based on a LOT of history, not wishful thinking. I happen to think that the 4 corps I put over them are gonna pull out some incredible performances, the one true wildcard being Kidsgrove.

The Top 7 are gonna be the best in a long time, so a few corps that legitimately have a shot at the top 3 are gonna place a lot lower than they think they will.

So again, I say, this time with scores....

Open Class

1. Buccaneers 99.1

2. Minnesota Brass 98.6

3. Hurricanes 97.2

4. Kidsgrove Scouts 95.9

5. Empire Statesmen 95.8

6. Caballeros 95.0

7. Alliance 92.1

8. Bushwackers 88.5

9. Renegades 88.0

10. Corpsvets 87.6

My prediction is that you're all crazy, the Blousemen and Stealthmen have been resurrected and will wreak havoc this weekend :worthy: