Reading

And whats wrong with the judging?? Reading has won every show this year. Is anyone implying that they should have lost? I certainly have not seen one person on these boards that has indicated in any way that they felt Reading should have lost any show this year, unless of course you count the folks who got all ginned up over Cabs in Wildwood. SO...if the best corps is winnning...why do folks seem to be questioning the judge's qualifications. Bottom line is this. Reading has won every show this year, sweeping every caption. You could probably count their second place ordinals on your hands. And yes, unfortunately I have not seen anyone live, however I have seen 4 out of last year's top five (minus MBI) shows via video. If anyone has access, take a good couple of looks at Reading's opener...then take a look at Empire. Come on folks...no brainer...6 in a row....

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ginned up? nice :rolleyes:

and no offense, video only tells part of the story

Reading has won every show this year, sweeping every caption.

That sir, is incorrect.

you'd be surprised at the resumes of some of the judges. Just because they were with a lower placing corps doesn't mean they aren't qualified.

your right jeff but you don't need a degree to be a judge. and i know that for a fact because i know some that used to judge and still do with no degree. dosen't make them bad. they were/are good.

ginned up? nice :rolleyes:

and no offense, video only tells part of the story

Yes I agree. Video is not the best medium to compare, especially phone video, however Reading has more going on in the opener than most corps lay down their entire show. And oops, it appears as though I spoke hastily. Reading I believe lost the horn and the GE caption to Empire once this year.

Edited by VOReason

Come on folks...no brainer...6 in a row....

its a no brainer even tho you have not seen one of the top 4, that has a very good chance at winning?

Yes I agree. Video is not the best medium to compare, especially phone video, however Reading has more going on in the opener than most corps lay down their entire show. And oops, it appears as though I spoke hastily. Reading I believe lost the horn and the GE caption to Empire once this year.

Twice actually. Lost guard in Lewisburg. Lost Ensemble Percussion subcaption in Kingston and has lost the field visual subcation a couple of times too.

So your "sweeping every caption" comment was more than spoken hastily. It showed your complete bias towards Reading. AGAIN.

Twice actually. Lost guard in Lewisburg. Lost Ensemble Percussion subcaption in Kingston and has lost the field visual subcation a couple of times too.

So your "sweeping every caption" comment was more than spoken hastily. It showed your complete bias towards Reading. AGAIN.

Opps, I forgot to add "except guard". And of course we're not including subcaptions. As I said, Reading has a few second place ordinals. Perhaps we can agree, that is has been quite the impressive season once again for the Bucs. Can they go into the championships and lose? Perhaps. But does anyone really think there is a better corps in DCA at the moment?

According to th recaps Reading has lost CG once, GE once, a sub caption in perc 2 times, brass once, and field vis once but never lost a caption 2 shows in a row. Now what about every other Drum Corps?

With that aside, we have no clue whats going to happen until Saturday and Sunday. Each show has its own dynamics! Kind of useless for DCP to try guess what is going to happen. Fun yes but really doesn't mean anything. Let the Corps perform, Let the judges judge and the audience to sit back and watch a great weekend of Drum Corps!

Best of luck to all!

Edited by BrassMan09

Opps, I forgot to add "except guard". And of course we're not including subcaptions. As I said, Reading has a few second place ordinals. Perhaps we can agree, that is has been quite the impressive season once again for the Bucs. Can they go into the championships and lose? Perhaps. But does anyone really think there is a better corps in DCA at the moment?

We won Field Visual, Field Brass and Ensemble brass at Scranton. This past weekend we won GE too.