Reading

I generally loath dynastic activities. For example, hated the Patriots and Cowboys when they were on their Supper Bowl runs. In the “junior” ranks, there have certainly been some runs that left me going, “whatever, time to move on.” However, I can say that with Reading, I was there in ’05 when the run started and was there last year to see #5 (in a row) and have seen their programs in between on DVD or you boob. They don’t offend me. In fact, I quite enjoy their productions and see no reason why #6 shouldn’t happen this weekend.

For those marching in or supporters of other corps, I am sure it can be frustrating. Don’t be haters! Reading is forcing the other corps to step up their game. This is a win for the activity and most importantly, the fans. Should the Buccs keep on this torrential pace, just imagine what we’ll see from the corps or corps’ that dethrone them? It will be magical!

Enjoy what Reading is doing, when this ride is over, you’ll be able to say, “I was there when they (Reading) went undefeated for (however) many years. This is truly historic.

As far as this year goes, anything is possible. Look, Empire is right on their heals! They continue to clean and that GE/Effect spread could go even higher!

Last year at this time, Reading had a 2-3 point spread on the next corps down the list!

Edited by Rocketman

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be close but I believe it will be a three way race between Bucs, MBI and Empire and I dont think the Bucs will come out on top. MBI was less than .2 behind them last week and Empire made a huge jump in score this past weekend. Also cant count out Hurcs. Prelims results sure will be interesting.

the prelims seedings will definitely make it interesting...people won't be able to hand out 9.9's early and will have to leave room below, between, you name it.

I think it's a no brainer........ just in book alone. Looks like #6

Reading's show has been pleasing all 5 times. "Blue Era" was my favorite with "Exotic Impressions" second.

Joe

Throw a rug over the top three. Who wants it more? That could make the difference.

Jeff's comment about the seedings is very salient. Serious numbah management will have to take place to make sure there's room for any possible outcome. :thumbup:

Throw a rug over the top three. Who wants it more? That could make the difference.

Jeff's comment about the seedings is very salient. Serious numbah management will have to take place to make sure there's room for any possible outcome. :thumbup:

Agreed! I saw the currently ranked top 3 at Scranton. All 3 seem to want it, but I just gotta give the edge to Bucs. I still think they may have another gear left, while the other two are trying to max out their top gear already. Thing is, Bucs better shift into it by Saturday night or they may get caught with their foot on the clutch. Don't forget that MBI is on the track as well. Looks like we're in for a great, exciting finish this time around!

I won't bash Bucs, there is nothing there to do so, but I think SOME of the fans would love to see a new champion. I know quite a few people around here feel the same as I do. Its the same ol' predictable DCA. Hopefully the judges have the balls to make some calls if they are warranted.

really, looking at performance order, MBI sets the tone. if they throw down, it's up to the others to meet their benchmark and surpass it.

I've judged a few tough shows at ACC's on my sheet, but I'm not sure I want to be that guy this weekend.

All I want to see is appropriate credit given where credit is due. Judge YOUR CAPTION and get those ordinals right and let the TOTAL SCORES fall where they may. You're not supposed to give the color guard (for example) their score based on the overall program. Just based on THEIR performance and how it relates to other guards.

I'm not trying to discredit the adjudication panels, I just think that some corps this year have either received a slight benefit or detriment based on the big picture when they were clearly better/worse in particular captions.

Remember that a good corps with a bad drumline shouldn't necessarily win. Likewise, a corps that loses every single caption should conceivably be able to win the show, if judged correctly.

So please, judge YOUR caption and your caption only. Judge it honestly and make the rating truly reflect what you're seeing. Again, I'm not suggesting that any judge would do anything less, I just pray that they do this weekend. It's a tight pack and it's been an interesting year, but it all comes down to this.