Phantom Regiment?

Shotgun!

That's cool but I'm going to need some gas money until they get my first check to me.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can just hear it..Prokofiev with a groove.

Like Marty Hurley's 1989 "Goin' Home" in "New World Symphony"? :rolleyes:

Edited by Michael Boo

As insiders seem to agree that Brett Kuhn will be the man, could someone recommend a couple of shows to get a feel for his arranging style? Both Rennick and Kuhn is obviously great teachers, but let's face it, Rennick made his rep with those mind-blowing arrangements.

As insiders seem to agree that Brett Kuhn will be the man, could someone recommend a couple of shows to get a feel for his arranging style? Both Rennick and Kuhn is obviously great teachers, but let's face it, Rennick made his rep with those mind-blowing arrangements.

Here are some of my favorite Cavaliers percussion years under Bret.

The thought of Bret Kuhn returning is outstanding. His writing was top-notch with The Cavaliers and he's the reason I idolized their lines when I was in high school. I finally gathered the courage to audition in the fall of 2005, which of course was right after his resignation :(

I think 2000 is Bret's best book to this day. As far as complexity, musicality, and finesse it still hasn't been equaled. By anyone. Congrats to Phantom Regiment if they can land him!

if i'm mistaken, kuhn never wrote the pit parts for the cavaliers, I wonder if he will be writing them for phantom?? (if this is all true)

anybody know how his pit writing is?

the cavaliers probably had my favorite pit writing (and pit in general) for the first half of the 00's , but i don't think he wrote it.

The thought of Bret Kuhn returning is outstanding. His writing was top-notch with The Cavaliers and he's the reason I idolized their lines when I was in high school. I finally gathered the courage to audition in the fall of 2005, which of course was right after his resignation :(

I think 2000 is Bret's best book to this day. As far as complexity, musicality, and finesse it still hasn't been equaled. By anyone. Congrats to Phantom Regiment if they can land him!

2000 was a great percussion section in the Cavaliers. Although, Kuhn had some years with them where I didn't get into his writing at all. 2002 being one of them. I don't know how we get from the 2000 writing to the 2002, 2003 writing, but whatever. 2000 Cavaliers is one of my favorite lines ever. I don't know if I would say it has never been equaled, but they were great that year.