Mini Corps Competition

For those that don't have twitter, here's a C&P of what i tweeted during minicorps tonight:

Star united: 6 time!!! #dca2010

Mass brass: just don't have it this year. Still well performed. #dca2010

Ghost riders: wow. They came to play tonight. Favorites to win thus far.2 more to go. #dca2010

Golden eagles: same as always. A force to be reckoned with. Let's see who can follow it... #dca2010

Minne-brass: now is the men among boys. Well performed but felt like it went on too long.#Dca2010

Skyliners: nothing changes in 50 years, does it? #dca2010

Vigilantes: not bad. Quite a few issues though. Hopefully better on the field tomorrow. #dca2010

Freelancers: much improved over last year. everyone has stepped their game this year. Let's see if anyone can bring down star. #dca2010

Sine wave: welcome as well! Definitely gonna give the top corps a run for their money. Let's see what happens. #dca2010

Marksmen: welcome to Dca! Not bad first time. Hard time following the show idea. Looking forward to seeing what comes in the future #dca2010

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mini Corps Scores

71.00 Marksmen

79.33 Skyliners

85.50 Sine Wave

86.50 Vigilantes

91.67 Minnie Brass

93.33 Freelancers

93.67 Golden Eagles

95.33 Mass Brass

98.00 Ghost Riders

99.50 Star United

Star United, as champions, will perform at the DCA Championship Finals on Sunday evening.

I just got home... and I'm sorry... I didn't bring the scores home either... but what was posted was close... Star continues to raise the bar... amazing stuff but cudos to my home town buddies from Ghost Riders on their close second place finish... like Star they don't have have a lot of flashy soloist but rather amazing arrangements cleverly creative and solid performance and musicianship... well done Donnie Allen and friends... (you too Timmy)

As for Star United? what can be said... just eek of class and musical ability... trust me, there was no one in the room who had any doubt about this performance... and besides that DM Becky Stoddlemyer has entirely too much fun out there...

OMG-Medea!!!! I felt like I was back in '93. FWIW, 20 people sounded more like 50-60 and that snare drummer kicked ###! After the first number I turned to my friend next to me and said that it should be an interesting battle for second place.

For those that don't have twitter, here's a C&P of what i tweeted during minicorps tonight:

Star united: 6 time!!! #dca2010

Correct me if I am wrong but The corps from Indiana first year in mini corps was 2006?

Correct me if I am wrong but The corps from Indiana first year in mini corps was 2006?

you are correct this was their 5th win in a row... the best part is they have forced everyone else to be better and then moved ahead to stay on top... amazing...

you are correct this was their 5th win in a row...

Thought so.

Way to go GOLDEN EAGLES!! Long Island represent!

Ya ... you betcha! All right choir ... try to find the key ... it was there a minute ago.

It was in my jacket pocket, sorry. :doh:

Congrats to Star United!