Giving it to Reading?

skeptic

That's why YOU started this thread. I see the connection now.

Yes and no.

Yes: I get tired of the same corps winning. Same reason why I dislike the Blue Devils, Yankees, Patriots (in their day).... I hate seeing the same oranization win year after year no matter what activity it is. Have the Bucs improved DCA? Yes, there is no doubt but it would be nice to see someone else win.

No: I saw an obvious screw up by the judges at prelims. No way should the Bucs have been up a point on either ES or MBI. It was not deserved.

Edited by skeptic

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I've always had the opinion that (just like DCI) any corps that scores over a 95 has a legit chance of being crowned Champion .... regardless of how close to 100 their final score actually is. I see some variances on the recap from book to performance ...... but the truth is, it was the typical +-0.1 to 0.2 per caption from corps to corps. All that means is the judge was making a judgment call as to who was in what place in their mind ........ there is no reality to the numbers given beyond the 9.5 mark.

There were 3 great corps at the top and any of them could have won. I guess that's the way I'll look at it, and for that, I consider all 3 championship caliber corps. Titles schmitles. Yes it's great to get the ring, but it's pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Honestly, all of the top 6 corps were stellar. And for that .. all of DCA should be proud.

Totally agree this was the best top 6 Ive seen since 2004 and it was probably the best Finals lineup I have ever seen. The quality was great across the board.

WOW! The best corps won. Period. And, the BEST corps has won EVERY year. If anyone is sick of this same champion, go do something about it. As I stated here or in another thread, my son said to me yesterday on the drive home from picking him up when the bus arrived from Rochester (and I will paraphrase a little here...) "Dad, I want to win this thing. So I am going to get better, and do what I can do to get the people around me better too...."

Stop with the hate. The world has enough of it already......

Sounds like you should become a judge.

Exactly Dave!

Most of the people on DCP need to go to the clinic next spring it seems :guinesssmilie:

See you soon

Jay

As much as we all love the week before DCAs......I don't like the week after much.....

:guinesssmilie:

GOD I LOVE THE WEEK AFTER DCA FINALS!!

( tho i dont like an educated judging comment i made being ignored by the rhetoric)

Edited by Jeff Ream

WOW! The best corps won. Period. And, the BEST corps has won EVERY year.

best is subjective and relies primarily on an individual's opinion..

thus the "best" corps for one person.. does NOT in anyway mean that it is the best for everyone.

there comes a point where people.. where it be judges or people in the audience... SO caught up with their opinions and are not willing to budge upon them to see that their "best" corps perhaps wasn't their "best" however it may be.. (scores, placement, pure entertainment value, etc..).. is where the arguments, drama, and bickering start..

obviously since there seems to be some bitterness in this thread.. i would conclude such thoughts exist out there.

it's a fact of life that there will be differences of opinion between many different people.. from many different backgrounds.

whether or not you choose to accept that is really what matters.

though an audience of hundreds disagreeing with a panel of 11 judges... should really be put into consideration. that's my final $.02 on the matter.

best is subjective and relies primarily on an individual's opinion..

thus the "best" corps for one person.. does NOT in anyway mean that it is the best for everyone.

there comes a point where people.. where it be judges or people in the audience... SO caught up with their opinions and are not willing to budge upon them to see that their "best" corps perhaps wasn't their "best" however it may be.. (scores, placement, pure entertainment value, etc..).. is where the arguments, drama, and bickering start..

obviously since there seems to be some bitterness in this thread.. i would conclude such thoughts exist out there.

it's a fact of life that there will be differences of opinion between many different people.. from many different backgrounds.

whether or not you choose to accept that is really what matters.

though an audience of hundreds disagreeing with a panel of 11 judges... should really be put into consideration. that's my final $.02 on the matter.

The corps with the Highest score won.Enough semantics for one day. :guinesssmilie:

Yes $1 to Jeffy,blah blah blah. :music: