Favorite Moments

Kidsgrove:

1. The clever opening of the show with the clasps and stuff.

2. The safe unlocking.

3. The fff moments from the most powerful brassline of the night (bridgeport show).

4. The screamer solo note from the trumpet line.

Cabs:

All snare features. They were on fire at the 2ND bridgeport show. Cleanest snareline of the night.

Bush: The coolest field entrence ever + That killer good cymbal line was practily a show in and of themselves.

Aall of the high range soprano notes coming right out of CorpsVets drill, not the front sideline.

Seems like a cool concept. I have no idea what that sounds like :tongue:

Favorite Moment: Discovering Five Guys Burgers and Fries right across the street from our hotel.

Then....finding a Five Guys franchise right here in San Jose!

Favorite Moment: Discovering Five Guys Burgers and Fries right across the street from our hotel.

Then....finding a Five Guys franchise right here in San Jose!

BEST burgers around, HANDS DOWN!!!! Glad you had the chance to discover this!!!!

Some of the offbeat stuff....

Talking to Kidsgrove family members at I&E and asking where Kidsgrove was. "In the Midlands... near Birmingham... etc". Finally "up north" so I could say "Ohhhh". :tongue: Have relatives in Southwest England and don't have a clue about anywhere else.

Having fun with Hurcs Honor Guard Sgt. We were at the Hurcs hotel and he held the door open so my wife could get thru with her walker. She said it would be a while and response was "That's OK, in my previous life I was a doorstop". Saw him later and said "Hey there's that doorstop guy" and got a laugh.

Seeing Bucky Swann and my wife asks why don't we say hi to him. Said I didn't know him and got the answer "SO?". So we quick introduced ourselfs and said we wanted just to say Hi. So Bucky gets a grin on his face, waves a little and says "Hi!". :ph34r: Next night we just waved to each other.

Guy in our hotel walking a dog (small cockapoo?) in the hallway. They get to the open doorway where some of our group was and the dog looks over. One of our group sez "Hi there, do you want a beer?" and the dog goes tearing ### into the room. :tongue:

Seeing "Bonnies Accomplice" on the field during the Alumni Spectacular.... :tongue:

Of course seeing the regular DCA goers (some DCPers) and talking to them....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Our own Dylan from SoCal Dream taking Mallets in I&E, what a welcome back to DCA for Dream!

Watching Kidsgrove, they really wowed the crowd

Let me jump on the band wagon for Statesmen, I was bowled over by their show. They combined 3 different versions of Wizard of Oz (Wizard of Oz, The Wiz and Wicked) seamlessly, and best use of guard ever! Can't wait for next year's show.

I enjoyed coming home and seeing my friends who I haven't seen since I joined the military in '82.....

I will second this one for SoCal Dream. Sure, being a member I am biased. But to come from Los Angeles and be able to participate this year, was a great thing. Having Gades there too and Freelancers bodes well for future representation from the Golden State.

Also to have that autumnal air of the east coast while competting...I wont speak for all members of my corps, cause some I know were absolutely freezing on Saturday. But, we dont get rain in SoCal for about 8 or 9 months after February. Hence, that rain on Friday and the air on Satuirday and Sunday was very refreshing to me.

Next year, hopefully more good things to come.

Personal moment was seeing Star United play what I miseed in Indianapolis this year..... Really, in the bigger picture for many years since they last played those pieces on the field.. Personally thanked them while they were warming up Sunday night by that brown building. Bringing back those strains of Belshaezaar's, Pines and Medea was goosebumps.

The "Wanted for Buglery" poster in the the elevator at the Doubletree Hotel.

The Renegades encore performance/mud run at the Hotel Sunday night. Good Times.

Running into Dennis Delucia at the restaurant in the Doubletree. Kind of happend by chance. Thanks for the great advice on the Timpani issue that my friend had. I think it really helped her.

Maybe something that isn't so relevant to others, but a good thing to see...the younger membership. The participation by so many younger people in what is "all age". When I looked around at retreat and Finals, it seemed there was so much more younger faces I think this bodes well for the future.

Edited by Dmlkmen

BEST burgers around, HANDS DOWN!!!! Glad you had the chance to discover this!!!!

My department at work orders them every other day in Norwalk. The temptation to cheat on my diet is getting bad now. That stuff smells so good it's making me crazy. :tongue:

Kidsgrove:

1. The clever opening of the show with the clasps and stuff.

2. The safe unlocking.

3. The fff moments from the most powerful brassline of the night (bridgeport show).

4. The screamer solo note from the trumpet line.

Cabs:

All snare features. They were on fire at the 2ND bridgeport show. Cleanest snareline of the night.

Bush: The coolest field entrence ever + That killer good cymbal line was practily a show in and of themselves.

You can check them out some more on Youtube if you search Bush Plate Line.

Maybe something that isn't so relevant to others, but a good thing to see...the younger membership. The participation by so many younger people in what is "all age". When I looked around at retreat and Finals, it seemed there was so much more younger faces I think this bodes well for the future.

Agreed and very cool at that,.........................and that contrasted against the more "mature" drum corps crowd sitting around me, was simply awesome to be a part of,.......................I don't know what exactly it is, but I just don't get that same overall feeling at recent junior corps shows I've been at,.....................it is something like "DCA,.....The Working Man's Drum Corps" ,.......................or something,...........

Starting a Drum Corps in this day an age is so difficult. In my position, I am a fan of all Corps and pull for them. My highlight might be different.

Of Course Kidsgrove was a site to see. But to me, I was so proud of Tradition, High Country Brass and the return of SoCal Dream. There had to be many on their staff and in their memebership who had tears in the eyes. I know I wiped one away from mine. Great job, thank you for your efforts and I know there were many to get to the big dance. Let the scores be what they are, your shows show that you belong,.

Also loved the effort and show of my adopted Corps , Sun Devil. You have come a long way in three years and others should take note of how you are doing it.