DCA Improvements

I'd just like to kick in my 2 cents about some positive changes in the Championship weekend. The JumboTron playbacks and highlights of the weekend on finals night were OUTSTANDING!!...Those short wrapups and motivational moments from directors to corps were great, especially during retreat when each corps shouted and cheered their approvals.

Also, a BIG thanks to Joey Cavallaro for those terrific weekend updates of show placements and schedules, I would have been lost without them.

Congrats to all those involved in makeing 2010 DCA a great weekend of Drum Corps!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just like to kick in my 2 cents about some positive changes in the Championship weekend. The JumboTron playbacks and highlights of the weekend on finals night were OUTSTANDING!!...Those short wrapups and motivational moments from directors to corps were great, especially during retreat when each corps shouted and cheered their approvals.

Also, a BIG thanks to Joey Cavallaro for those terrific weekend updates of show placements and schedules, I would have been lost without them.

Congrats to all those involved in makeing 2010 DCA a great weekend of Drum Corps!!!

Re: Jumbotron

The man's name is Mike Symonds former drum major of the Brigadiers, Ohio Brass factory and others... and he is VERY good at what he does and has a shelf of emmy awards to back that up... we are most fortunate to have him on board...

Re: Papa John's Updates

Oh yeah... someone who even thanked Joey by name... he did a fantastic job this year... and of course thanks to Papa John's and Zebb's Grill for their financial support of his efforts.

:thumbdown: shorter retreat :starwars:

I'd just like to kick in my 2 cents about some positive changes in the Championship weekend. The JumboTron playbacks and highlights of the weekend on finals night were OUTSTANDING!!...Those short wrapups and motivational moments from directors to corps were great, especially during retreat when each corps shouted and cheered their approvals. Also, a BIG thanks to Joey Cavallaro for those terrific weekend updates of show placements and schedules, I would have been lost without them. Congrats to all those involved in makeing 2010 DCA a great weekend of Drum Corps!!!

but if we didn't have that and so much other filler after the last performance ended, could we not have a full retreat? Wouldn't members rather show off their pride and spirit than cheer for themselves on a video screen? I would. I have expressed in several places, I cannot imagine how emasculating it must feel to walk off the field and not celebrate the season by playing your heart out, not show everyone how proud you feel, not show everyone although you didnt get 1st place you will be back next year and by golly it will be your year! All of that in exchange for drawn out olympic retreats, videos, talking, etc etc... I would pay more to see corps play themselves off, to see that team spirit and feel the intensity...

I thought the jumbotron and the electronic audio was distracting. I get the idea, I appreciate it but if I had my choice...

my anticipation is enhanced by what is happening live, not by AV, I did dig how MN Brass came on the field though, I digress.

full retreat, trooping and emotion! 2011

but if we didn't have that and so much other filler after the last performance ended, could we not have a full retreat? Wouldn't members rather show off their pride and spirit than cheer for themselves on a video screen? I would. I have expressed in several places, I cannot imagine how emasculating it must feel to walk off the field and not celebrate the season by playing your heart out, not show everyone how proud you feel, not show everyone although you didnt get 1st place you will be back next year and by golly it will be your year! All of that in exchange for drawn out olympic retreats, videos, talking, etc etc... I would pay more to see corps play themselves off, to see that team spirit and feel the intensity...

I thought the jumbotron and the electronic audio was distracting. I get the idea, I appreciate it but if I had my choice...

my anticipation is enhanced by what is happening live, not by AV, I did dig how MN Brass came on the field though, I digress.

I always enjoyed playing off the field finals night... Just a bit of fun, pride and more entertainment for the crowd.. Plus, provided a warm up for the parking lot concert! In 03, we turned and left the field... Not sure if that's how it's been since, but frankly I think it sucks!

Nope - I loved the fact that retreat was short - they usually last forever. We were pleasantly surprised at how fast it went by) It gave us way more time to party at the hotel afterwards. I say keep DCA retreat exactly like this years!!!!!!!!

Later,

Mike

This is where a conflict of interest comes in. Fans want something participants don't. What's the answer??

I always enjoyed playing off the field finals night... Just a bit of fun, pride and more entertainment for the crowd.. Plus, provided a warm up for the parking lot concert! In 03, we turned and left the field... Not sure if that's how it's been since, but frankly I think it sucks!

Yes, I used to like playing off the field at finals. You might not have won, but it was one last time to play and let the fans enjoy the music.

Edited by Shockwave

THANK YOU DCA for a wonderful 3 days of drumcorps including retreat!

The video on the jumbotron was top shelf as were the quick clips between corps, Great job Mike!!!

Jay

Bush