Favorite food from drum corps

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 words... Corn Dogs!

Favorite: almost anything. beef stew, when alumni brought in catered food (bar-b-q). some cinnamon sugar cream cheese roll which i dont know the name of

least favorite: chips and cheese. not because it was bad but because it seemed like it was everyother snack

Cinnabon perhaps?

Edited by Zeke

We didn't have a food truck BITD, but when we had a school kitchen available, Gail would make his special Spaghetti. It was nice to have a home cooked meal once in a while. SCV Alumni still serves Gails recipe every Birthday celebration.

Chef Gail in the Kitchen...

TourPictures70s-1.jpg

Least favorite: one time in 95 (I think) the cook staff decided that they had some extra nacho cheese. So, we had "macaroni & cheese" made with nacho cheese...it might have been OK...if we had had a little warning that we were about to eat that...

When we actually had a cooking trailer and didn't have to travel overnight and actually stayed in one place for 2 days, 'Eggs in a Basket' for breakfast was yummy to me!

I looked up, 'Eggs in a Basket'...oh my...it's also called Hen in a Nest, Moon Egg, One Eyed Monster Breakfast, Cowboy Egg, Toad in the Hole (not the British sausage dish), Egg in a Frame, Eggs in a Bucket, Eggs in a Nest, Eggs in a Hole, One-Eyed Jack, Egg Toast, or Pharaoh's Eye. haha :-)

Build your own burrito, dorrito chicken, pizza bake, cinnamon hot dog buns, taco in a bag and any food a housing site/alumni would cater us :tongue:

If we're including food donations then the Texas beef brisket made for us in Texas is up there - ruined me for any so-called Midwest "beef brisket!"

And must-goes! Must-go day was awesome!