Raising DCI's Ageout Limit

I've been waiting for months for you to come out and say this bluntly. While I enjoy sparring with you on here ........ you just lost my respect. DCI is a non profit youth activity. It is not a professional company that pays employees to perform. If you think that's a great idea, go find another Bill Cook and front the money to build your own show and hire musicians to do it.

What you wish for and keep pushing on here .... would be the death of drum corps in it's true spirit. It's no wonder I always disagree with everything you say :tongue:

That's fine. I'll live without your respect :tongue:

I think DCI works great the way it is, but a professional marching league of sorts would be great too.

That's fine. I'll live without your respect :tongue:

I think DCI works great the way it is, but a professional marching league of sorts would be great too.

I'm thinking there will never be one because the corps that tour now can't even cover their touring expenses under the current structure. Btw, this is an age limit thread .. not a G7 thread. Take that rubbish over to the proper forum.

I'm thinking there will never be one because the corps that tour now can't even cover their touring expenses under the current structure. Btw, this is an age limit thread .. not a G7 thread. Take that rubbish over to the proper forum.

Hey, that quote included my thoughts on age limit, my dear sir. I didn't know G7 was proposing to pay its members, but regardless. Maybe there will never be a professional marching league, and that would be fine, but it would be a good idea. I certainly don't want to put in the work for that. I have too much fun on this forum :tongue:

DCI is a youth activity. 21 is fine. DCA is there for the adults who want to keep marching.

as well as kids that can't afford or do not want to march DCI

• Like 1

That's pretty much what every director I've ever talked to has said as well.

Mike

well, we know at least one that proposed a change

• Like 1