What the fans want...2011

- Brass limited to bell-front bugles in the key of G

- No electronic or otherwise non-acoustic sounds

- Musically focused show designs

- Judging split of 65% musical, 35% visual

- Appropriate guard uniforms

- Everything else roughly the same

• Like 1

I want drum corps performances to pander to the fans, and not the judges.

I want every electrical outlet that has an amp/mixer/synth plugged in to it to magically quit working for the entirety of that show.

I want judging priorities to change, giving music a much higher weighting then visual.

I want cookies, a winning lottery ticket, and a horsie!

I figure I'll get the last 3 before I get the first 3...

- Brass limited to bell-front bugles in the key of G

- No electronic or otherwise non-acoustic sounds

- Musically focused show designs

- Judging split of 65% musical, 35% visual

- Appropriate guard uniforms

- Everything else roughly the same

Probably should have renamed the thread title "What the fans of this millenium want....2011"

I want every corps to clear their musical rep with me before going forward with their design.

I want to see just how much A&E a corps can incorporate into their show. You know....really go Yanni/John Tesh on the audience.

I want every corps to play in tune or fire their incompetent staff if they aren't in tune.

entertain me don't give me some bull crap topic that sounds like a art majors phd paper something like "the color blue and it relation to a child's development" as a show theme. play music not fragments of themes that only a musicologist would know. have the guard do equipment instead of dance and "emoting" as a bunch of individuals. but that's not what drum corp is anymore its made to be as esoteric and "high brow" as it can be play for the judges and the instructors the crowd just sitting there going duh. guess I am just a stupid old dinosaur and could never understand "today's" drum corp yea that's right so f this crap. I will no longer go to shows spend any $$ or support something that I no longer understand. That's why your stands are empty you no longer entertain us little people.