What the fans want...2011

Going out on a limb here but I reckon that most fans want more of this...

madison-scouts-contras.png

And less of this...

376885.jpg

WE DONT NEED SYNTHS AND AMPS TO REPLACE LOW END BRASS!!!

Oh and while I am on me soapbox... Kudos to Madison for making Old School cool again... Here's hoping others may follow

Are you listening Spirit, Bones, George and Wayne? I desperately hope so....

• Like 1

Seriously - if you eliminate brass to add woodwinds the power goes away. You're argument holds no water at all. :spitting:

Assuming that corps would eliminate brass in favor of WWs. They could always ditch 20 guard and tack 20 saxes onto the horn arch. Flute? Not going to have a line. That'd be a pit thing. Same would go with all the other WWs.

That's a nice opinion you got there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Opinion? Not this time. If you take away half the brassline and replace with woodwinds the volume goes down. Period. That is a FACT. You simply can not play any woodwind as loud as the equivilant voice in the brassline.

Opinion? Not this time. If you take away half the brassline and replace with woodwinds the volume goes down. Period. That is a FACT. You simply can not play any woodwind as loud as the equivilant voice in the brassline.

Saying something is a fact doesn't make it so, even if it is in all caps. You can't quantify power, only qualify.

Actually, I can. Orchestras are much louder than drum corps, and they have a lot less brass than drum corps. I wonder why?

'Cause they have paid professional musicians in their ranks, not part-time amateurs who only rehearse during the summer months mostly . . .it's like asking why your favorite high school football team isn't as as talented as your favorite NFL team.