Would you walk away if DCI shows were like in the 80s and 90s

Lance

Would you walk away if DCI looked like it did in the 80s and 90s  

256 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Yes, I would walk away if DCI reverted to 80s/90s type shows
    • No, I would not walk away if DCI reverted to 80s/90s type shows

Depends on your definition of growth. I see you strictly define it in terms of attendance, number of corps, whatever. There are other ways.

number of corps

number of kids marching

attendance

income ( and lets face it, moving to Indy made money for DCI...let's see what the follow up year brings)

the fact the drum corps directors themselves are saying the beast they created is dying.

that long time fans are saying they no longer want to spend money on it.

that with all of the pub with raising the number of marchers allowed, maybe 2 corps were full?

isn't that more than enough? because you still refuse to answer my question, which is where do you see ANY growth?

instead you answer questions with a question.If I wanted that, I'd turn on a political debate

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I don't want to respond to that guy because because he treats me with nothing but disrespect and name calling, but I'll respond to you.

I find educational growth more important to me than audience growth, and the amount of college band kids is a good indicator that many people like what is going on pedagogically.

will educational growth actually pay the bills? because really, there are millions of college aged music majors out there. 40 corps, let's say with the average corps size being 110, means 4400 of them are taking part.

say there's a 500,000 colleged aged music majors, which is where you want to target. that means .01% of them are involved.

that's not exactly growth.

Ultimately, there will be little to no opportunity for the pedagogically inspired to be elevated unless DCI finds a way to elevate it's revenues. Education does not exist in a vacumn. Somebody needs to be inspired enough to fork over some cash for the education to be financed and paid for.. Unless there is a growth in new fans, when the older fans die out ( or leave ) no more pedagogically inspired pupils takes place. This is just basic Economics 101.

which is a problem when the artists try to be the businessmen.

will educational growth actually pay the bills? because really, there are millions of college aged music majors out there. 40 corps, let's say with the average corps size being 110, means 4400 of them are taking part.

say there's a 500,000 colleged aged music majors, which is where you want to target. that means .01% of them are involved.

that's not exactly growth.

Oh, I don't think that educational growth has much to do with financial growth, it's just has more importance to me than financial growth. I know it's important to some, obviously you, and that's fine, but I want the kids to be learning more than anything, and it's happening.

number of corps

number of kids marching

attendance

income ( and lets face it, moving to Indy made money for DCI...let's see what the follow up year brings)

the fact the drum corps directors themselves are saying the beast they created is dying.

that long time fans are saying they no longer want to spend money on it.

that with all of the pub with raising the number of marchers allowed, maybe 2 corps were full?

isn't that more than enough? because you still refuse to answer my question, which is where do you see ANY growth?

instead you answer questions with a question.If I wanted that, I'd turn on a political debate

That's fair.

Oh, I don't think that educational growth has much to do with financial growth, it's just has more importance to me than financial growth. I know it's important to some, obviously you, and that's fine, but I want the kids to be learning more than anything, and it's happening.

and how will they learn if the bills can't be paid?

this is my biggest issue with education at the college level today...too much utopian BS, not enough real world.

Even when I agree with you, you can't be happy :tongue:

because i make a claim and roll out facts to back it up.

and i did agree with you about Birdland and Malaguena elsewhere without argument :tongue: