What The Fans Don't Want in 2011

SFZFAN

Those thousands of bands are the replacement for the hundreds of corps that used to exist.

At least you're honest that bands are the ultimate future replacement of Drum Corps. ( still kinda sad, though)

It's hard to disagree with you after watching the road we're on. Some ( as I'm sure you're aware ) believe we've already arrived at our ultimate destination as " marching band ".

Edited by BRASSO

No this statement is simply me saying I didn't get the show, but acknowledging that they performed it well. I hated it until I saw it live, liked it better when I saw it live but still thought it was lacking.

Yeah, everyone with confirmation bias says that :smile:

Secondly, why would you make any opinion of a show before you saw it live? That doesn't even make a little sense.

Secondly, why would you make any opinion of a show before you saw it live? That doesn't even make a little sense.

So with this reasoning and logic being applied, noone who hasn't seen a Corps from the 70's, 80's, 90's " live " can form an opinion on such Corps shows, right ?

So with this reasoning and logic being applied, noone who hasn't seen a Corps from the 70's, 80's, 90's " live " can form an opinion on such Corps shows, right ?

Not what I'm talking about. You can't see shows live from the past, right? Especially before I was born.

I said BEFORE you see them live, meaning there is an opportunity to see them live.

Edited by WOOHOO

Not what I'm talking about. You can't see shows live from the past, right? Especially before I was born.

I said BEFORE you see them live, meaning there is an opportunity to see them live.

I think my head just asploded....

I think my head just asploded....

Let me make a correction, if I could find a specially designed DeLorean, with ability to travel at 88 mph and simultaneously powered by 1.21 JW of energy (perhaps lightning), then I can do it.

Edited by WOOHOO

I fail to see the difference. Whether one has" opportunity " to see a show live or not is irrelevent. If we agree that seeing a Corps show ( any Corps.. any year ) live is much much better than seeing and hearing it via old tapes ( or even new tapes, or on a computer screen, etc ) then the logic and reasoning applies equally to 2010 Corps shows every bit as much as it would to earlier shows from any previous year.

People form opinions all the time on here on shows they have never seen performed live. There is nothing wrong with that either, imo. Just so long as we realize that comparing Corps we've seen live with Corps we've seen only on old tapes, really is an inherently flawed comparison, that's all. " Live " is MUCH better than watching a tape,.... either before or after the performance.... and at any time too.

Edited by BRASSO

I fail to see the difference. Whether one has" opportunity " to see a show live or not is irrelevent. If we agree that seeing a Corps show ( any Corps.. any year ) live is much much better than seeing and hearing it via old tapes ( or even new tapes, or on a computer screen, etc ) then the logic and reasoning applies equally to 2010 Corps shows every bit as much as it would to earlier shows from any previous year.

People form opinions all the time on here on shows they have never seen performed live. There is nothing wrong with that either, imo. Just so long as we realize that comparing Corps we've seen live with Corps we've seen only on old tapes, really is an inherently flawed comparison, that's all. " Live " is MUCH better than watching a tape, either before or after the performance.

The difference is that you couldn't see a show live from the 80's this past summer, but you could see one from 2010 by going to a show, thus having the opportunity and not having to have an opinion on a show based on recordings. That's the only possibility one has now for shows from the 80's. Doesn't seem complicated to me. It's a matter of time flow :smile:

I'm not debating that shows aren't better live than on tape, but how could I see a show live from the 80's now?

Edited by WOOHOO