What The Fans Don't Want in 2011

SFZFAN

Something I find funny here, and Mr. Ream will likely see this, is a comparison of Drum Corp to Mortgage Banking. Back in the "old days", mortgage companies used to lend to good qualified people, sell the loan asset (principal and interest) in the market, and retain the servicing (right to collect the payment from the borrower, then subsequently pass the interest and principal to the person who bought the loan asset), and collect a fee for this collection and distribution process. The servicing portfolio helped produce revenue in the "lean" mortgage production days so the company could weather the storm.

Drum corps used to produce shows with a greater entertainment value to a larger population of fans, including the "legacy" fans/participants, and even though there was discontent by some, shows were still widely attended by the old crowd - the folks that you can lean on during the tough times to get you through.

Jump to now - Mortgage companies are keeping servicing again (not all, but substantially more including smaller firms), saying, "wow, this is cheaper to buy, AND it will throw off revenue when new loan origination dries up". And look at drum corps - publicly announcing that they need to "reach out to the older fan base and re-connect" right after saying the financial model does not work now.

Sorry - I had to type this because it was just staring me in the face. The point however is this - Mistakes can be made, and will be made. But learning from them AND working to not commit them again is critical for survival.....

So, what I DON"T want in 2011 is more of the same. Synths and all.....

Thanks for listening!

I respect people’s opinion and my own from a live show over those from watching a DVD but it doesn’t mean you can’t develop a good opinion from watching a recording only. Its only an approximation of the live show at best – just the nature of recording...I trust my live shows impressions more than the DVD (even for finals)

good thing I've been going to show since the 70s

some things will never show up or won't show up as much on recordings..other things come off better than they were

It’s mainly why I hate when DCI edits finals – you lose context, s

Like this year, I don’t want them to focus on that Crown kid hurting his leg (it was really difficult to watch) but you need to catch a glimpse of it to understand their (sort of flat) ending and the crowds nervous reaction (lack of babies in the air). More so considering the controversy over their late season ending, so let not re-write history

Same with the Frack, if they did edit that out, you'd just think they were flat and the audience didn't like the show

but there is no logic to WOOHOO attempts to win the internet, so no, I don't agree with his dance

back to topic

What I don’t want…all the electronics, not really sold on them and that fake brass bass is annoying

Otherwise, I expect not to like several shows each year so..... I’d like certain corps to do more fan friendly shows but only for the well being of the corps, not for me personally as I can be a fickle fan

Edited by cowtown

I didnt select my section. DCI did. blame them

:smile:

Sounds like you have section selection issues!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I WON THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On topic:

I want continued perfection of the electronics. I think they were much better in 2010 than in 2009, and hopefully continue to get better.

I don't want DCI to lose the diversity of performance styles it has right now. It's great!!!!!

Edited by WOOHOO

No this statement is simply me saying I didn't get the show, but acknowledging that they performed it well. I hated it until I saw it live, liked it better when I saw it live but still thought it was lacking.

pretty much my view too

Yeah, everyone with confirmation bias says that :smile:

Secondly, why would you make any opinion of a show before you saw it live? That doesn't even make a little sense.

speaking for me, after several viewings on the fan network, it left me very bored, confused, and angry that a corps i used to love continued to do shows like this.

seeing it live, it left me all of the above, but i recognized they did it well.

Because people die :smile:

except many legacy fans are still alive...just not coming to shows.

Something I find funny here, and Mr. Ream will likely see this, is a comparison of Drum Corp to Mortgage Banking. Back in the "old days", mortgage companies used to lend to good qualified people, sell the loan asset (principal and interest) in the market, and retain the servicing (right to collect the payment from the borrower, then subsequently pass the interest and principal to the person who bought the loan asset), and collect a fee for this collection and distribution process. The servicing portfolio helped produce revenue in the "lean" mortgage production days so the company could weather the storm.

Drum corps used to produce shows with a greater entertainment value to a larger population of fans, including the "legacy" fans/participants, and even though there was discontent by some, shows were still widely attended by the old crowd - the folks that you can lean on during the tough times to get you through.

Jump to now - Mortgage companies are keeping servicing again (not all, but substantially more including smaller firms), saying, "wow, this is cheaper to buy, AND it will throw off revenue when new loan origination dries up". And look at drum corps - publicly announcing that they need to "reach out to the older fan base and re-connect" right after saying the financial model does not work now.

Sorry - I had to type this because it was just staring me in the face. The point however is this - Mistakes can be made, and will be made. But learning from them AND working to not commit them again is critical for survival.....

So, what I DON"T want in 2011 is more of the same. Synths and all.....

Thanks for listening!

well done. and one more thing...the mortgage industry is finding they turned off many potential customers with their antics and changes, as well as priced some people out of the market.

kinda like DCI

Let me make a correction: if I could find a specially designed DeLorean, with ability to travel at 88 mph and simultaneously powered by 1.21 JW of energy (perhaps lightning), then I can do it.

That's 1.21 GW, actually.