Has DCP ever changed your mind on something?

Things I've learned on DCP:

1) Most DCPrs swallow propaganda (on either side of an issue) whole and have little desire to think for themselves. They will vociferously deny it but it's so obvious sometimes it's sad.

2) DCI means well but is too busy putting out fires to have a vision for the future.

3) Sometimes "art for art's sake" is just a bad idea.

4) DCI's "official presence" on DCP died a quick and untimely death.

5) Too many people forget: the performers did *not* write the show.

6) Despite 1-5 I *still* love the activity and I still read DCP. :smile:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, on a number of occasions. I've learned a lot from other DCP posters.

Same here. Until this year, I never knew the background to the reason that The Cadets do a right foot step off, instead of the traditional left foot step off that just about all the other Corps do as their norm. Nor when they first did so.

Then some marcher or two from The Cadets came on DCP and explained the how, when, and the why, on The Cadets right foot step off. I found it very educational. I find there is a lot of useful info on DCP from some very knowledgeable posters.. One has to separate the wheat from the chaff here, thats all.

Edited by BRASSO

I learned that pictures of Fat guys in cow suits crack me up everytime I see it. I also learned that I was wrong in everything I ever believed about DC. It's not about the kids, Dancing is taking over guard work, Electronics are now allowed and woodwinds will soon be a part of the activity. AND THERE IS NO EASTER BUNNY

Electronics are now allowed and woodwinds will soon be a part of the activity. AND THERE IS NO EASTER BUNNY

They say that "all good things come to those that wait ". I can envision the day that even the Easter Bunny could make an appearance on the field of competition in DCI, ( if he hasn't already ).

I just hope that if he does appear in the future, that he doesn't lay an egg for that Corps.

Edited by BRASSO

They say that "all good things come to those that wait ". I can envision the day that even the Easter Bunny could make an appearance on the field of competition in DCI, ( if he hasn't already ).

I just hope that if he does appear in the future, that he doesn't lay an egg for that Corps.

Wasn't he in the White Rabbit part of the Cadets door show?

I learned that pictures of Fat guys in cow suits crack me up everytime I see it.

I know where that pic comes from... and I ain't telling.... :smile: Laughed like Hades when I saw it on somewhere other than DCP. Now I know why I like cowtowns sense of humor.

BTW: DCI's "official presence" on DCP died a quick and untimely death.

Explain please... have no idea...

Yes.

But mostly this for me:

a few times with thoughts or insights on shows or organizations it has. in terms of the arguments for the major changes in the activity, no, because a lot of the hoopla spewed justifying them has been hot air.

But I always enjoy the different ideas and perspectives. Well, "much of the time" anyway... :smile:

I guess it might be expected, but DCP has changed quite a bit about what I thought I knew or supported in drum corps. (It probably doesn't hurt that as mods we read almost every post at some point.) If anything, I realized how much bigger the drum corps world is than I thought it was when I started, and how little I knew (or still do know!).

Mike

Wasn't he in the White Rabbit part of the Cadets door show?

George had a " bunny hop " in The Zone show ? My mind became hazy on all that went on in that show, so you could be right.