A Man Says.....

Tough one...

I would have to create a three headed dice with the Argonne Rebels on one side, the 27th Lancers on another and the Stockton Commodores on the last...leave it to fate, as it were. :worthy:

Hard to argue with this one. Great choices all. I can still conjure up Scarborough Fair/Classical Gas (Dream 1970?); Stars and Stripes Forever?; I fail on Stockton because I was overseas for 3 years 71 - 74, but I've heard recordings and know the history.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to argue with this one. Great choices all. I can still conjure up Scarborough Fair/Classical Gas (Dream 1970?); Stars and Stripes Forever?; I fail on Stockton because I was overseas for 3 years 71 - 74, but I've heard recordings and know the history.

Just for their Balls to the walls approach!!! :devil:

Suncoast Sound

or maybe NorthStar

or maybe 2 -7

or maybe Guardsmen

Cool Thread.

MIKE

If I still lived in CA... Stockton Commodores.

Since I'm in WA though, definately the Percussion Nauts http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2009/oct/...l-to-the-corps/

Good choice!

There are several. Since I am from " back in the day"... I'll say Des Plaines Vanguard. One of the classic all time uniforms for sure.

The Garfield Cadets

Hahahahahaha... :tongue:

Gotta say Suncoast here. Married a Suncoaster.

One of the things she talks about is that she envies The Cavaliers and their history. It makes her kind of sad in that because Suncoast no longer exists, the connection to all of those who she marched with was not there for so many years. Now with Facebook she has connected to many people she hasn't seen or talked to for years. There was talk of an alumni corps but it hasn't been talked about for awhile now. If the corps still existed maybe this would help connect the dots like The Cavaliers did, and the Scouts did.

Was initially going to go with the Muchachos but, they are too tied into a specific musical identity. 2-7 would be next but as longs as we've got Boston, I'm good. Hate to discriminate but, don't need any more California corps, sorry Kingsmen, Freelancers, Commodores, Dons, Raiders, etc.

Said all that to say this, going “homer,” Royal Crusaders. I hate that Western PA hasn’t had a competitive DCI level corps since the late 70’s.