Most Exciting Senior Corps, Early DCA

You dance with the girl you bring.

Get a prettier girl :tongue:

not gonna happen my friend. i played them all my life........at least when i could.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1965 Grey Knight post Crusaders! They were a true juggernaut that year with the power and vitality of a merger corps on a mission. I love the NYS AL Championship recording that year. They even had Fleetwood wrapped up in the performance as the recording continued while they trooped the stands!

Well what I've said all along is that 1972 was the best year ever in DCA and I don't care how complex and how many diminished chords or overtones or what ever they want to call today's version of DCA, except for 1995 CABS, 1997 and 1998 EMPIRE and BRIGS there hasn't been a great "GOOSE BUMP" moments in any of the DCA's I've gone to. I was with CRU in 1972 so I'm biased, but it's not just the corps names I remember so well it was those song's we played with such a passion and spirit and so intense! When SKY came off the line and then "Traffic JAM'. are you kidding is there any thing in 2010 that compared to that?!!!!! Or JESUS CHRIST SUPER STAR we played at concert or IRONSIDES off the field and HURCS with MAG-7 and CABS at concert, look today's corps are amazing with what they play and how they march, FOR THE JUDGE"S, but 1972 it was for those maniac's in RACINE in the stands and for that crowd in NEW JERSEY, so If I had a wish were I'd could have marched, in the 2010 BUCS or any of those corps in 1972, well you figure it out.

Johnny T.

You forgetting about 1975 brother?

Donny