Movie Themes in DCI

:smile: Amazing film score....... stunning visuals!

One of my all-time favorite films. I was so glad we chose to do this music for our fall show. It was a blast writing it...esp the percussion parts. We've been getting a lot of great response to the show from judges we are seeing...now we just have to clean it and detail it!

Plus, I got to write my first cello part ever!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Children of Sanchez

A Clockwork Orange (the music is an essential part of the story)

Saw the movie; have the album; 9th 2nd movement was my selection for high school solo synchronized swimming competition. I won first place!

Chevaliers de Sangreal from The DaVinci Code (builds like SCV's 99 Opener)

The Battle of Agincourt/The Day is Yours from Henry V (please)

(go to about 2:10 into this for the good stuff)

I dig these :smile:

This has been a great thread. I went and listened to most of the scores listed, and as a result added several entries to my webpage "Great Music that No Drumcorps has Ever Done": http://www.hardbat.com/NeverDone.html

Specifically, I added a soundtrack section, and included Das Boot, Crouching Tiger, Capricorn One, Wing Commander, and one that I really like that hasn't been mentioned in this thread, "Time Tunnel".

A Clockwork Orange is actually Rossini "La Gazza Nadra", which no corps has ever done, and so I added it too.

Regarding some of the others: Lion King, Patton, and HenryV have been done a lot. Perfect Storm, Last of the Mohicans, The Natural, Rocky Horror, and Tarzan have been done by either senior corps or smaller corps, so they don't qualify for my page (but are excellent choices!).

Blazing Saddles, Inception, StarTrek2009, Warriors, Wall Street, and Little Children have not been done by corps, but I decided not to include them after listening to them... not because they don't contain great music, but because I didn't think that it was so obvious that they would translate well to the field. There are many fabulous soundtracks that are memorable because they turn a good movie into a great one, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the same music would turn a good drumcorps show into a great one - although that is just a matter of opinion. In fact, I was all geared up to include another soundtrack that I love, "Kung Fu Panda", but after listening to it on its own, I decided against it. As always, in any particular case, I could be pursuaded otherwise.

Has West Side Story been done yet????

See Cadets '84, '94, and '09.

Agree with many of the afore mentioned how about Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street?

Robin Hood, listen to the Vienna Horns play it, great stuff.

Done at least once. Southwind 92.

Edited by Paisius