Movie Themes in DCI

here's something from WGI that shows how hard it may be to get copyright for some of this stuff:

https://www.wgi.org/contents/Additional-Req...ments-List.html

Very funny that music of de Meij, Van der Roost, Sparke, Melillo, and Hazo requires what they're calling a "fixing fee"! Tammany Hall lives, in the licensing industry.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Star Trek 2009 can do well for a field show

:laughing:

I like. Id love to hear this with a top level hornline behind it..

Edited by AlexL

Goodfellas, but only if a corps has the balls to use Joe Pesci's "Am I Clown? Do I amuse you? rant for vocals

When I think of one of my favorite superheros, Batman, I think of Blue Devils.

I'm talking about some of the old music from years ago.....any jazz material from Batman would be the true BD show.

For music like The Dark Knight, just give it to Phantom Regiment.

Sacramento Freelancers did Batman back in 1990. It was my first drum corps experience and i thought it was the best show ever, until i saw SCV come on the field with Carmen...game over!

Since we are talking about movie themes, I'd like to place my vote for .... wait for it ....

Phantom of the Opera. ALW added some music to the production and came across very well on the big screen. Would love to see SCV tackle this one more time for there 50th Anniversary in two years but add some of the new music... :laughing:

I, and bear with me here, think that video game music could be an awesome thing to have on the field. Im not talking about mario or donkey kong or whatever, but like music from the Halo series or Battlefield games could be very epic.

On Topic - Lord of the Rings has a fantastic score, as well as pretty much any Hans Zimmer composition.