Quick thoughts on new hires at Colts

Jeremy Hunt treated the members terribly and was an inconsistent drill writer. Randy Nelson wrote awful drill. The Colts didn't "Lose them" they were let go. Stephanie, Chris, and Ray ARE the core people. They love the members, and the members respect them. The most stable staff Colts has had in years.

where did you hear this?

Jeremy Hunt treated the members terribly and was an inconsistent drill writer. Randy Nelson wrote awful drill. The Colts didn't "Lose them" they were let go. Stephanie, Chris, and Ray ARE the core people. They love the members, and the members respect them. The most stable staff Colts has had in years.

I did not feel as though I was treated terribly by Mr. Hunt while marching with the Colts.

If there's one director in the world that I would have hiring people for me it would be Greg and the rest of his admin staff. I'll agree with everyone else that keeping Chris and Ray was a smart move and releasing Mr. Hunt and Jude was best. It seems to me that Jude and Jeremy is/are a package deal anymore, however it was time for a new direction in my opinion not only as a member learning from both of them, but as a colleague and spectator of their work after my age out year. It appeared that the quality of the visual design began to fade, as did the show design. And yes I'll agree with a previous post that there were some cases with Jeremy where things may have gotten a little suspect as far as respect for the members was concerned, but no one was ever put in harms way. Kudo's to Greg and his staff for doing what they feel had a to be done in the best interest of the members and I look forward to seeing them this summer. GET SOME RED TEAM!!!

Colts seem due for another surge back into top 12.

Neither Max, Jude or Jeremy were "released" they resigned. I don't know all the specifics but I do know they didn't feel it was the right situation for ether of them. Might be the same reason Brett Kuhn left. Remember this is a corps know for percussion and visual design turn over.

Neither Max, Jude or Jeremy were "released" they resigned. I don't know all the specifics but I do know they didn't feel it was the right situation for ether of them. Might be the same reason Brett Kuhn left. Remember this is a corps know for percussion and visual design turn over.

FYI Randy Nelson also resigned

Right.......

I think we have all seen resignations by mutual accord and being an organization that doesn't like it's dirty laundry aired in public the Colts took the high road.

Design has been a problem. These moves look promising

FYI Randy Nelson also resigned

I'm not sure why Brett left the corps, but I have to agree that when Jeremy and Jude resigned, it was probably the best move for the Colts. Maybe the Colts wanted to go in a new direction and those two didn't, who knows. I'm wondering if Max is still going to be touring with Colts or if he resigned and they hired Rich in place of him. When I said core in an earlier post, I meant Greg, Mike, the Tomsa's (Although I'm not sure if Carla is still working with Colorguard), Stephanie Furniss, and Ray are still there. It could be they are having issue with retention but Colts are a classy organization and would never air that publicly.

where did you hear this?

I marched with the Colts. In 2008 he would tell us we didn't deserve water. I am aware that drum corps is an intense activity, but the health of the members should come first. The days he would run rehearsals were very ineffective. Instead of taking the necessary time to fix a problem, everything was timed out to the second. While this is a noble concept, if an intense drill move is consistently dirty and consistently costing you points you should probably just buck up and take the time to fix it.

I marched with the Colts. In 2008 he would tell us we didn't deserve water. I am aware that drum corps is an intense activity, but the health of the members should come first. The days he would run rehearsals were very ineffective. Instead of taking the necessary time to fix a problem, everything was timed out to the second. While this is a noble concept, if an intense drill move is consistently dirty and consistently costing you points you should probably just buck up and take the time to fix it.

It seems he took a different role with the corps in 2008. Mr. Boughton leaving the corps was undoubtably a mutually beneficial departure.

I can't wait to see this year's edition of the Red Team! I'd love to see them push their way back into Finals and come out of the gate swinging! I'm sure the current membership is hungry having been so close and we remember exactly what happened the last time this was the case!

Get some, get some, get some, Red Team!