2011 Phantom Regiment Guard

IMO the last really kick-*ss all-female guard Phantom had was 2002. Was that under Jennifer Leseth's guidance?

There was a ton of intense equipment work in last year's show. The women held up as good as the men doing it.

My only concern in all of this is that I wish sabres went the way of the Dodo bird. I can't see them. They make everyone look like Mime's (they must be using sabres because I see no equipment. )

Doesn't bother me at all. I'm sure the guard will still be great regardless.

But....we need to wait for the day when there is a girl in The Cavaliers' guard. =)

In my opinion this is a step back. The guard issues weren't because of male members. While I love tradition, the benefits of having male guard members outweight any points gained off of said tradition.

The cosmetic changes don't help performance.

I disagree completely. Having an all female guard brings a completely different aesthetic to the field, I think.

I don't think they are trying to "fix issues" here.

Nothing wrong with playing to the crowd...

I disagree completely. Having an all female guard brings a completely different aesthetic to the field, I think.

I don't think they are trying to "fix issues" here.

Nothing wrong with playing to the crowd...

Does the crowd want an all female guard?

Does the crowd want an all female guard?

Like I said, an all female guard brings a different aesthetic to the field. I suppose its a personal preference, but when done well I prefer one. I have enjoyed them in the past