2011 Phantom Regiment Guard

this is terrible.

Why ?

this is terrible.

No - This is awesome news! (Unless you were a guy in Phantom's Guard last year and wanted to return) :lol:

nope, it's great.

And if any of those talented male guard members still want to perform they should try out for the Scouts!

Bc you just cut the potential talent pool in half. now instead of taking the top 20 guy and top 20 girls, youre settling for 20 people who wouldnt have made the cut if it were a mixed guard. Yeah it's neat to see them have an all female guard and yeah it's tradition, but i'd rather see a competitive phantom regiment vs a non competitive. When's the last time they had a really good all female guard? Competitively this is a stupid move.

I don't think that this is great news - I understand the feelings that alot of people have for the all female history of the Phantom guard...

But all female guards are simply not competitive in today's world class corps. I just don't see them becoming more competitive by reverting to this. Even the best all female winterguards (Blessed Sac) eventually added men to give them a competitive edge. The energy derived by a mixed guard along with the added writing opportunities and strength moves will be greatly diminished in my opinion.

It just seems like a very strange thing to do - and I think it will end up hurting them competitively.

Later,

Mike