Good News for West Coasters

Borders on?

Let's not mince words. The same man who started a firestorm that shook the foundations of DCI like nothing else ever has....all predicated on the baseless claim that the DCI tour was unsustainable....is now taking his corps coast-to-coast, and up/down the opposite coast, in a tour that may well set mileage records even for this corps, the corps that invented the cross-country tour back in 1950.

The term "hypocrisy" fits.

George is bringing The Cadets west for the good of the activity. Period.

It will be a fantastic experience for the kids and the west coast fans. Period.

That is what this thread is all about.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, in this case, the money and the mouth are nowhere near the same place.

But hey, I'm glad some folks have decided that touring is sustainable after all. I only wonder what changed to cause this sudden reversal. Were there adjustments to DCI payouts for 2011? Are these top-8 shows going to have a different financial deal associated with them? The details on this, along with many other things, were supposed to be forthcoming just as DCI went inexplicably incommunicado a month ago.

The sudden reversal was predictable. Throw a bunch of #### against the wall... see what sticks then do the Snoopy dance at the end when you get a piece of what you wanted all along. Has this not been the norm for several years? Stay tuned.

My guess? The other directors hired Dan back and gave him the edict to speak on their behalf in order to see where it all my lead. Dan gave in as he saw best to the "extra shows expertiment" (win win for the g8). The other directors are now being treated for the inuries of the knife wounds in their backs.

Borders on?

Let's not mince words. The same man who started a firestorm that shook the foundations of DCI like nothing else ever has....all predicated on the baseless claim that the DCI tour was unsustainable....is now taking his corps coast-to-coast, and up/down the opposite coast, in a tour that may well set mileage records even for this corps, the corps that invented the cross-country tour back in 1950.

I cant agree more with this......Period!

While it is good for the activity from the standpoint of the kids getting the great experience, and the fine folks on the left coast getting to see more great drum corps, it is a total farce from the statements made earlier by Hop. This does nothing to control cost associated with running a corp long term, and with financial stability.

My guess, as stated earlier by someone, is the G-8 shows will generate enough income to cover the added expense of this trip. At least that's what they hope.....

BOLD PREDICTION.

Noone will complain about West Coast Inflation when Phantom comes out with a high score but folks will still ##### about BD being scored too high in June.

Take it to the bank.

With all the changes at Phantom, do you really think a high score is going to occur?

Borders on?

Dave Gibbs? You are talking about Gibbs, right? I believe George was the front man, but I also think Mr. Gibbs was pulling all the strings.

Actually, in this case, the money and the mouth are nowhere near the same place.

But hey, I'm glad some folks have decided that touring is sustainable after all. I only wonder what changed to cause this sudden reversal. Were there adjustments to DCI payouts for 2011? Are these top-8 shows going to have a different financial deal associated with them? The details on this, along with many other things, were supposed to be forthcoming just as DCI went inexplicably incommunicado a month ago.

I believe when Phantom was last west, it did not harm the corps financially. And I got to see them, that was while my wife was still alive. She was in a wheelchair and we sat on the sidelines...I think it was 2007. The drum major came over and shook our hands when they did the encore performance. I still have her Phantom ball cap which covered her balding head. Memories.

Don't support the G8 shows. It's as simple as that. Throw your money at the showcase which respects all forms of DCI.

BD's inflation has been happening at every show for the past two years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or wait...maybe they are that good....hum.....

Will be nice to see how Phantom and Cadets match up with BD and SCV early on.

BD's inflation has been happening at every show for the past two years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or wait...maybe they are that good....hum.....

Will be nice to see how Phantom and Cadets match up with BD and SCV early on.

well, I'm sure they will do fine compared to Santa Clara "We don't have the full show on the field until July 10" Vanguard.