Good News for West Coasters

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds great to me!

This is really cool! Phantom always gets a great reception in the NW. And having the Cadets come back is amazing. We were fortunate to have them hear in 2007, our son's age out year, and have all his family and friends see him march in the maroon and gold was unbelievable. Given the economy and the distance I had given up on the thought of them ever making it back. We will work hard to make them have a great time when they come. Might even have to find the time to do a volunteer stint.

Speculation time ...............

Since DCI corps are in such dire circumstances financially (according to the G7 report and Hopkins interviews), I can only imagine that part of the passage of the WSODC shows might have allowed a larger kickback to the G8 corps .... and in turn ..... The largest crier of wolf and the least financially stable G8 corps are taking an extremely expensive trip West of the Rockies.

While this is great for West coast drumcorps fans ......... I really don't see any logic in this announcement whatsoever.

Speculation time ...............

Since DCI corps are in such dire circumstances financially (according to the G7 report and Hopkins interviews), I can only imagine that part of the passage of the WSODC shows might have allowed a larger kickback to the G8 corps .... and in turn ..... The largest crier of wolf and the least financially stable G8 corps are taking an extremely expensive trip West of the Rockies.

While this is great for West coast drumcorps fans ......... I really don't see any logic in this announcement whatsoever.

George is doing what he always does...putting his money where his mouth is. He is bringing The Cadets west because its good for the activity and the west coast fans. Would all who don't like him prefer he keep The Cadets on a smaller, less expensive tour? Man...the guy can't win with some folks...

George is doing what he always does...putting his money where his mouth is. He is bringing The Cadets west because its good for the activity and the west coast fans. Would all who don't like him prefer he keep The Cadets on a smaller, less expensive tour? Man...the guy can't win with some folks...

Some folks? I'm an alumnus. I'm always consistent in my statements. In this case, you're correct. He can't win. He can't because he's on recording complaining about the costs of tour as a primary reason for threatening to leave the activity in the dust. He can't win because his actions have nothing to do with what's good for the "activity". Never has ... never will.

As an alumnus, it just gives me more reason to NOT send money to the corps when they come calling. Actions speak louder than words .... but in this case the Actions and the Words are equally deafening. It borders on hypocrisy. Plain and simple.

Some folks? I'm an alumnus. I'm always consistent in my statements. In this case, you're correct. He can't win. He can't because he's on recording complaining about the costs of tour as a primary reason for threatening to leave the activity in the dust. He can't win because his actions have nothing to do with what's good for the "activity". Never has ... never will.

As an alumnus, it just gives me more reason to NOT send money to the corps when they come calling. Actions speak louder than words .... but in this case the Actions and the Words are equally deafening. It borders on hypocrisy. Plain and simple.

Wow, strong opinions here... good. I love committed commentary from people with more than cursory knowledge or attachment to the issues.

I think it is a great thing for W/C fans when corps make the trek toward the pacific ocean, and I think it also provides for a little more substance to early season discussions with these kind of early match-ups between eastern, midwestern and western powers.

Having said that, there's always skepticism and questions that linger in the back of one's mind that speak to the motives behind many decisions (outside the norm of what typically happens) within the world of DCI. Thanks for your candid comments.

It's been posted on DCI's home page that The Cadets and Phantom Regiment will be making the trek out west for the 2011 season :lol: :lol: .

There's something to be a little extra excited about on the west coast this upcoming season.

http://www.dci.org/index.cfm