Good News for West Coasters

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More from the Cadets' website:

Ready for an evening in San Francisco, a trip to the Pike Fish Market in Seattle, or some beach time at Huntington Beach?

Well, get to the Cadets! And quick!

In a pre- DCI announcement, George Hopkins, director of the Cadets said “We are thrilled to be able to bring The Cadets to Northern California and the Great Northwest! I am not sure the corps has ever been to Seattle, and being able to see our friends the Blue Devils and the Vanguard early on makes the trip all the more exciting.

Exact Details still need to come from Drum Corps International but the Cadets will be West of the Rockies from mid June until July 9 performing as many as five times per week during this grand trip to the “other coast.”

This certainly implies that the Cadets are going to tour the entire West Coast, from Seattle down to Los Angeles. Based upon the show schedule from the past few seasons, one could predict that they will finish with the Rose Bowl show on July 4th, then head back east through Phoenix.

:thumbup::devil::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by ChiBoyinLA

BOLD PREDICTION.

Noone will complain about West Coast Inflation when Phantom comes out with a high score but folks will still ##### about BD being scored too high in June.

Take it to the bank.

Topics merged.

And awesome news for West Coasters.

Sounds like some of the G7 proposals didn't fall on deaf ears.....and are leaching into the DCI soil! :thumbup: There's still hope for the old girl!

Some folks? I'm an alumnus. I'm always consistent in my statements. In this case, you're correct. He can't win. He can't because he's on recording complaining about the costs of tour as a primary reason for threatening to leave the activity in the dust. He can't win because his actions have nothing to do with what's good for the "activity". Never has ... never will.

As an alumnus, it just gives me more reason to NOT send money to the corps when they come calling. Actions speak louder than words .... but in this case the Actions and the Words are equally deafening. It borders on hypocrisy. Plain and simple.

Borders on?

Let's not mince words. The same man who started a firestorm that shook the foundations of DCI like nothing else ever has....all predicated on the baseless claim that the DCI tour was unsustainable....is now taking his corps coast-to-coast, and up/down the opposite coast, in a tour that may well set mileage records even for this corps, the corps that invented the cross-country tour back in 1950.

The term "hypocrisy" fits.

George is doing what he always does...putting his money where his mouth is. He is bringing The Cadets west because its good for the activity and the west coast fans. Would all who don't like him prefer he keep The Cadets on a smaller, less expensive tour? Man...the guy can't win with some folks...

Actually, in this case, the money and the mouth are nowhere near the same place.

But hey, I'm glad some folks have decided that touring is sustainable after all. I only wonder what changed to cause this sudden reversal. Were there adjustments to DCI payouts for 2011? Are these top-8 shows going to have a different financial deal associated with them? The details on this, along with many other things, were supposed to be forthcoming just as DCI went inexplicably incommunicado a month ago.