So any uniform info/rumors for 2011?

As much as I loved the Scouts return to the classic Scout uniform, I still cant understand how you wear that uniform without Spats. The uni looked odd without spats. The explanation that they could not find the original white Navy Spats just doesn't make sense.

I will gladly donate to a spat fund for 2011!!!

WHITE SPATS mean WHITE FEET........

thats why they passed.

visual nightmare.

Spirit's uniform?! Really? ... The first time I saw that, I was repulsed. It looks like a nightmare, color design-wise and in terms of blockiness and unflattering shapes. It looked kind of cool on paper, then the design was just... whaaat? It also never really grew on me at all. Their new logo is kind of okay, I guess... it took me a long time to realize it was supposed to be a delta, it looks like an "A" (edit: even if this does stand for "Atlanta," it looks like an A, not a delta). The way the white upper-right and head disagrees with the grey and the black, then the awkward single color poking through one little section of the stomach, of all places... Not a fan. I liked Spirit's old uniform way better than this.

Colts' new uniform was a big step up from where they were, and I'm very glad to see the pit out of that strange garb they were wearing before -- it just looked blotchy and strange.

Cavies' uniform was a step down from what I think was basically a perfectly-designed uniform, which was why it went through so few changes 2002-2009. It wasn't a huge step down, though. It was kind of nice to get something different, and I like the way the chest gets slimmer as it goes down. I just don't really care for the sash and the plain black backs, though it could have been said to be appropriate for their show.

Bluecoats, almost the exact same thing I said for Cavies. I loved their uniform for the years prior. The changes keep making it worse for me. Not terribly worse, still the same basic concept, just chipping away at what I like about the uniform. Meh.

Crown's uniform was a lot worse when I was looking at it on my phone on tour than it was in person, so it grew on me. I dig the new shakoes, and I dig the general shape of the uniform. Definitely a few things to fix, though. And I can't really say I've ever had a favorite Crown uniform -- cream's just not a color I care for, I guess.

Phantom's new uniform was pretty sweet. I dug it.

Troopers... what? just... huh?

The Blue Stars' new uniform grew on me a lot. At first I was with everyone else, joking about "the Grey Stars"... but I think it's actually pretty frickin' sweet. Very classy, very well designed. The colors all balance eachother up and down the figure, there's nothing awkward poking out of the side of the stomach. There is a bit of blue, and no other corps is doing grey (okay, no other corps is doing grey that doesn't look like a trainwreck to me).

The Cadets' new uniform... just kidding.

Scouts' new uniform was very sweet. Half of me thinks that regardless of the tradition of the reference, there still should have been some red on the sash, just a little, somewhere, but whatever. My biggest complaint is that the pit didn't wear their aussies -- they keep taking them on and off and three of the times they haven't worn them, which is a recent development, they got 15th place. Which is obviously a case where correlation implies causation. :P But it just looks lame! Also, spats would have been sweet, but the neckerchiefs were a good enough replacement.

Edited by Stryfe

Blue Stars new uniform last year was awesome!

I think the Madison Scouts new uniform would have been complete and bad azz with long sleeves. The short sleeves made them look young. I also loved the M on the drums! Didn't need the spats.

Jersey Surfs new uniforms were pretty cool, too!

Spirit, Spirit, Spirit...please give the fans what they want! Return to the baby blue and the big ol' delta!

Blue Stars new uniform last year was awesome!

I think the Madison Scouts new uniform would have been complete and bad azz with long sleeves. The short sleeves made them look young. I also loved the M on the drums! Didn't need the spats.

Spirit, Spirit, Spirit...please give the fans what they want! Return to the baby blue and the big ol' delta!

Scouts uni's look great up close in person, but look like a big non descript blob of green on the field. Hate the way the look in drill, there just is not enough contrast with the field. Late 80's early-mid 90's best uni's the Scouts ever had. Please bring back.

Just announced today, The Academy will be making the switch from Stanbury to FJM with Cesario leading the design.

Personally, I'd like to see a fresh perspective on a drum corps uniform. Obviously Cesario has done some great creations over the years, but he seems to be the standard go-to guy now for tons of designs. I'd just like to see some fresh designers with a new perspective. Maybe even from outside the drum corps world.

Yes! I forgot :smile: But I was blown away the first time I saw them in Atlanta. Awesome. :tongue:

I wish that Troopers had gone with a black uniform patterned after the drum majors' uniform. Then they should have had the drum major in a white version of the original. I also think that they should go back to the white gauntlets and gloves on the hornline (no gloves for percussion of course). I guess the color guard is never going back to the old black uniform with skirt and black boots. The corps needs to go with overstated gold trim on their uniforms also. They need more color on the field with their uniforms and maybe more use of over-sized flags in the colorguard.

The problem with that sort of uniform (big ol' delta) is that it doesn't work. It makes all the members look short and fat ('03, for example). They want something that represents them while still being visually effective. I think, in this case, the current uniform works...but it could still be better.