How does this community feel about fielding cymbals?

and the snare drums... amiright?

Apples and oranges. Snare drummers do a lot more complicated stuff than what cymbal players do, and they also play A LOT more notes than cymbal players, am I right?

Apples and oranges. Snare drummers do a lot more complicated stuff than what cymbal players do, and they also play A LOT more notes than cymbal players, am I right?

from the kids i have auditioned i find that its the snare players that have the hardest time transitioning to cymbals.

It is a lot easier to teach someone to hold sticks and play rhythmically than it is to teach someone how to hold cymbals, play accurately, and how to do flips and reloads.

Too late. Your ignorance is duly noted.

It's not ignorance because you don't like my opinion. Chill out.

from the kids i have auditioned i find that its the snare players that have the hardest time transitioning to cymbals.

It is a lot easier to teach someone to hold sticks and play rhythmically than it is to teach someone how to hold cymbals, play accurately, and how to do flips and reloads.

That's probably relative to the student, but I get your point. Still doesn't change my mind though. I love what cymbals add to music and I think they're serving their purpose in the pit.

Edited by 2000Cadet

It's not ignorance because you don't like my opinion. Chill out.

That may be true but.

"Snare drummers do a lot more complicated stuff than what cymbal players do, and they also play A LOT more notes than cymbal players, am I right?"

That statement is true ignorance.

That may be true but.

"Snare drummers do a lot more complicated stuff than what cymbal players do, and they also play A LOT more notes than cymbal players, am I right?"

That statement is true ignorance.

Explain to me how that's ignorance. Any snare drummers on here who want to explain this to me?

Explain to me how that's ignorance. Any snare drummers on here who want to explain this to me?

cause you are assuming playing snare because you have "more notes" is much harder than playing cymbals.