What show whould you rather see....

What show (of the two) would you pay to see again?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• 1995 Madison Scouts
    • 2010 Blue Devils

. the number of hours i spent in my youth showing drum corps to non marching music people is huge...and the uber-poplular shows like madison 95 uniformly induced narcolepsy as much as any other shows.

time to grow up, people.

I agree. You need to grow up and find a much larger circle of friends beyond " music people " that are apparently easily sleep induced when you try to convince them on what you like in Drum Corps shows. By expanding your horozons beyond the self limiting " music people ", you might find that there are a lot of people that might find your few " music people "friends taste in music too exotic and bizarre and THEIR choices might run most people to the store to get some earplugs and a liquid energy drink to foil the possible sleep inducement and shield the eardrums before they hit the start button to play their favorites in music..... if your circle of friends sees or hears no difference in 95 Madison Scouts show compared to ( say ) the 2010 BD show, then they are much different than the world at large. That said, I do recognize that Drum Corps has always been a niche market. But we are no longer talking along the lines of a " niche market". We are on a course to become an " extinct market " unless we find more younger devotees in the activity.

Edited by BRASSO

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. You need to grow up and find a much larger circle of friends beyond " music people " that are apparently easily sleep induced when you try to convince them on what you like in Drum Corps shows. By expanding your horozons beyond the self limiting " music people ", you might find that there are a lot of people that might find your few " music people "friends taste in music too exotic and bizarre and THEIR choices might run most people to the store to get some earplugs and a liquid energy drink to foil the possible sleep inducement and shield the eardrums before they hit the start button to play their favorites in music..... if your circle of friends sees or hears no difference in 95 Madison Scouts show compared to ( say ) the 2010 BD show, then they are much different than the world at large. That said, I do recognize that Drum Corps has always been a niche market. But we are no longer talking along the lines of a " niche market". We are on a course to become an " extinct market " unless we find more younger devotees in the activity.
. the number of hours i spent in my youth showing drum corps to non marching music people is huge...and the uber-poplular shows like madison 95 uniformly induced narcolepsy as much as any other shows.

time to grow up, people.

yes, it's a niche market and always has been, even before you started devoting so much time to articulating your dislike for what's out there now over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over agin.

time to grow up, people. the world at large (i.e., outside of marching music fans) sees it all as geeky, stupid, and sleep inducing, even when you happened to ADORE it.

Hmm, so which one don't you consider a drum corps?

Not sure how you got that out of what I said. They are from two completely different time periods with two completely different show concepts and intents. Hence instead of me comparing apples and oranges which share a commonality I choose two completely different things to compare.

I would love to see BD 10 because seeing it once I was overwhelmed with everything going on I would need a couple more viewings to fully appreciate everything. Madison 95 was just in your face awesome Madison.

Point taken! But, you have to admit that since it's posted HERE and those on DCP are presumably people; that in the context given, the sentence was correctly stated.

Yes...I will admit that everyone on DCP is "people" (except maybe for Ream :thumbup: ), but the constant liberal use of the words "the crowd, the people, the masses, the majority, etc" are terms that many on DCP use to quantify a non-existent measure to somehow support whatever argument they are foisting.

(Jeff has not let me out of emoticon time-out yet, but I had a relapse).

Edited by Plan9

it was just a vibe i was getting -- lone prophet in the wilderness ! glad you liked it :-)

He ain't alone!

Edited by Plan9

Not sure how you got that out of what I said. They are from two completely different time periods with two completely different show concepts and intents. Hence instead of me comparing apples and oranges which share a commonality I choose two completely different things to compare.

I would love to see BD 10 because seeing it once I was overwhelmed with everything going on I would need a couple more viewings to fully appreciate everything. Madison 95 was just in your face awesome Madison.

Ok, so I am wondering where in the poll do you see comparing other than making a decision on which you would rather see between the two?

Yes...I will admit that everyone on DCP is "people" (except maybe for Ream :thumbup: ), but the constant liberal use of the words "the crowd, the people, the masses, the majority, etc" are terms that many on DCP use to quantify a non-existent measure to somehow support whatever argument they are foisting.

(Jeff has not let me out of emoticon time-out yet, but I had a relapse).

I understand. I do agree people that use opinion to make factual statements to bolster an argument rather than scientific data I agree. I DISAGREE that market analysis is not based on the "masses" and is every much considered data and "factual". Where else would I go to pose such a question if not in the the drum corps demographic? These so called "people" here for the most part know what this activity is and therefore make the PERFECT area to try and get a poll on what most people "here" like. These are quantifiable in the extreme. If you want to start another thread on scientific practices by all means do so, I would love to hear you arguments regarding these! :)

In all honesty, I would take almost anyone over Blue Devils 2010, It was one show, no matter how many times I saw it, hated it. Just my opinion and NOT taking anything away from their skills etc, I just was not entertained by the show.

yes, it's a niche market and always has been, even before you started devoting so much time to articulating your dislike for what's out there now over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over agin.

time to grow up, people. the world at large (i.e., outside of marching music fans) sees it all as geeky, stupid, and sleep inducing, even when you happened to ADORE it.

You should have a frown yellow thingy up, instead of a phony yellow smilley thingy you have up.

The " geek " phrase you like to use on multiple threads now to characterize your fellow marchers and posters these days is a recent phenomena. There was a time in Drum Corps that if the phrase " geek " was used by a non Drum Corps person in front of Corps members that person would be soon seen running down the street to avoid a swift kick in the arse. I have also commented lots of times on things that I like about Corps on DCP, but perhaps you're too far jaded by now with your fellow fans to have noticed.

Edited by BRASSO