Rivalries in DCI.

Possibly, not saying you're wrong, just saying I haven't experienced what you're referencing. And I think you're thinking of a different FSU than I attend, there are no Cadets here. We're pretty west coast oriented....

Ah, my apologies. FSU automatically means Florida State University around these parts unless you are talking about a smaller college in Maryland, which usually gets it full name spelled out. Fresno State! Not sure if that is actually the school you go to, but I forgot about other FSU's.

• Like 1

Ah, my apologies. FSU automatically means Florida State University around these parts unless you are talking about a smaller college in Maryland, which usually gets it full name spelled out. Fresno State! Not sure if that is actually the school you go to, but I forgot about other FSU's.

Well, besides the fact that Fresno State is in California, on the other side of the country, but yeah, there are other FSUs out there besides Florida State.

Well, besides the fact that Fresno State is in California, on the other side of the country, but yeah, there are other FSUs out there besides Florida State.

I was referring to Frostburg State for the Maryland school, and didn't articulate that I was recognizing another school well. Again, my apologies.

• Like 1

I guess you just havn't heard yet. Specifically - Carolina Crown members have actually punched the helmets and shakos of other corps as they march by. I have SEEN this take place, besides the fact that I have heard all about it from the members of both corps.

I saw the exact same thing between Crown and Phantom early in 2009. I couldn't believe it was happening while they were in uniform.

O_o

• Like 1

The biggest Rivalry in Drum Corps today.... hands down in my opinion.... is between the G-7 Corps and the non G-7 Corps.

Nothing else comes remotely close.

F-15 vs. g8, My Corps of choice is in the F-15 thats where I will be. Its that simple, I follow my Corps. Love the Rivalry that the g8 have created.

GO F-15!

F-15 vs. g8, My Corps of choice is in the F-15 thats where I will be. Its that simple, I follow my Corps. Love the Rivalry that the g8 have created.

GO F-15!

I'm glad you'll be following your corps of choice. I don't like that people are fabricating a rivalry between the Tour of Champions corps and the corps that didn't place in the top 8 last year. All just becuase they perform in more shows that require a certain placement(Murfreesboro, Semifinals, Finals, etc). Granted the format for those is a little different than the other shows, but the cool thing is that the participating corps have to earn that spot every year. It's not fixed forever. I think it's a cool idea.

I'm up for supporting corps that perform well and entertain. No matter the placement.

Merry Christmas DCP!

I saw the exact same thing between Crown and Phantom early in 2009. I couldn't believe it was happening while they were in uniform.

O_o

I think this "punching" that you guys are talking about was probably just bumping shakos as they walk by because of a tight space. Exaggeration is hilarious.

O_o

No you didn't, unless you saw someone fist-bumping their friend in another corps, which isn't too uncommon in the non-bando eyes of pride corps.

On an unrelated topic, the worst I've ever done was while waiting for phantom to finish performing to go on I took a sip of water from what I thought was our water jugs, only to be told that those were phantom's.

• Like 1