IT'S TIME!

Does no one know that Pacific Crest announced their show, some music and other pending pieces?
Push, Pull, Twist, Turn.

13yoz07.jpg?

"We think the new direction dovetails nicely with our mission, and the staff additions we've made will serve to proactively and positively boost our program come summer."

I'll start...

"We had record turnout..."

"Talent levels were very high..."

"Over 100 snare drummers..."

"Many veteran members returned..."

"Great start to the season..."

"We are very excited..."

"Volunteers made excellent food..."

"Kids had a great experience..."

"We played through an encore/parade tune..."

"The show is taking shape..."

"Our next camp is X to Y and we welcome anyone who couldn't make it this weekend" (one weekend in December)

Quoted for truth.

"Contrary to rumors and an IRS audit, the corps hasn't folded."

"Only seven potential members contacted botulism off our food truck."

"The composer whose music we wish to perform told us there is no way he'll let any corps play his music, but we think we can change his mind after he watches our video from last year."

"While the dysentery was of epidemic proportions, it was still over-reported."

"The manager will be back with the corps once the charges are dropped."

"We'll be getting all new horns and percussion once we find an instrument manufacturer or two who will return our calls."

"We've hired a new major guard designer. He just hasn't said 'yes' to us yet."

"Our bankruptcy is only temporary. We've got some great fund-raising events coming up."

"Our financial plan will succeed once we win the lottery."

"The fact that only twelve potential members showed up at camp is directly attributed to the weekend-long 'Seinfeld' marathon being run on A&E. We expect over 400 auditionees at our next camp."

"Our bankruptcy is only temporary. We've got some great fund-raising events coming up."

Soon as the state legislature makes the changes we requested.... we'll be set....

We will not be using the buses that caused so much concern last year as they went thru the car crusher (as per court order).

Our camp facilities will be in better condition now that we found a pest control company that has an actual license.

Our main DI be back, as his anger management sessions should be over.

Show will be unique as no one has played (or even heard of) this composer before.

Last year we were called a "Snowball Corps" because we were so cool under hot conditions. We plan to take this to the limit this year. (Inside joke: "Snowball Corps" were great during the Winter rehearsals and then went to nothing when the season started in the summer.)

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1. "All I can say is that ____________ (insert corps name) is going to surprise a lot of people."

2. "They have ______________ (insert new percussion writer name) writing the drum book--and his books rock."

3. "You know what kind of product __________________ (insert WGI name) produces."

4. "__________________ (insert corps name) was robbed last year and they are out for revenge."

5. " __________________ (insert corps name) was the best I have heard a corps in ______________ (insert random month)."

6. "I know many fans didn't like last year's new uniform, but this year's new uniform for _______________ (insert any corps name) will turn a lot of heads."

7. "The group is going in a whole new direction." (which happens to be in the same direction as everyone else now)

8. "I know ________________ (insert corps name) is going to do well--they are going back to their roots with this new show."

9. "A good friend who is close to the management at the corps said that you can expect some big staff changes."

10. "Blue Devils are overrated--everybody in the top 7 should have beaten them last year (usually said by a fan whose corps just so happened to finish 7th). Editor's note: Please note that this is the same situation for somebody cheering for the 9th place corps who would say "everybody in the top 9 should have beaten them (BD) last year."

Last year we were called a "Snowball Corps" because we were so cool under hot conditions. We plan to take this to the limit this year. (Inside joke: "Snowball Corps" were great during the Winter rehearsals and then went to nothing when the season started in the summer.)

I've never heard that term before. I thought maybe a 'snowball corps' referred to the fact that they had a 'snowball's chance in hell' of making their goal (Champion/Top 6, Finalist, etc).