Carolina Crown 2011: Rach Star

The sound the hornline is putting out is very different for the sound of years past. It's very treble heavy, sounds almost Cadetsish.

If you are saying that after hearing them in person, I can definitely say I'm disappointed.

The sound the hornline is putting out is very different for the sound of years past. It's very treble heavy, sounds almost Cadetsish.

I noticed that also. I'm going to chaulk it up to early season and the bari's & euph's not as strong as past years. i'm sure as they all get stonger they will be all able to turn it up to "11".

The chord video (which I assume is what we are talking about) is sick. Sounds really good for right now. There was a little bit of an intonation issue in the low brass near the end, but still. Amazing purity of sound for mid June, though I guess it is somewhat expected of this corps now.

Yep, I heard that in the low end, though hopefully it will be worked out. Otherwise though, I'm not entirely sure what people are saying about treble-heavy. The sound typical-Crown to me for the most part. Though I haven't been in person.

Oh no :cry::ohmy::omg::nervous::eh::huh2::sad::unhappy: Ps: i hope everyone enjoyes my sad face progression or regression in this case.

• Like 4

Anybody at the preview show tonight? Pics, news? plz....

posted in the uniforms thread:

crowndrums.jpg

not bad. uniforms are SOOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOO much better than last year for sure. Not sold on the flames yet, they they seem to be a little much for me.

Edited by TubaJon

Got my first chance to see the show tonight. This is a very fan friendly production. I think this production has a ton of potential. The guard is stronger this year, as is the drumline. Hornline is strong as usual and does not have a "top heavy" sound. After watching the corps rehearse over the past couple of weeks, I would say the preview performance was a little flat. I think there were some technical difficulties out of the gate with the pre-show. The pit amplification was a little off and the pre-recorded stuff was almost inaudible. I am sure that the production I saw tonight will evolve over the coming weeks into a crowd favorite.