Carolina Crown 2011: Rach Star

*ahem*

WILL ALL OF THE *EXPERTS* WHO PREDICTED FAILURE RIGHT OUT OF THE GATE FOR CROWN PLEASE STAND UP!!!

Now kindly leave the room.

Thank you :smile:

Edited by crownisking
  • Like 4

Welp that's it then.... Crown has for the first time ever beaten the Blue Devils. There is really nothing else left to do.... maybe go win a championship I suppose :-/

• Like 2

Welp that's it then.... Crown has for the first time ever beaten the Blue Devils. There is really nothing else left to do.... maybe go win a championship I suppose :-/

For the first time ever, Carolina Crown defeated Blue Devils. I'm stunned. I really can't believe it. It's like I slipped into some alternate-reality, Bizarro universe. Next thing you'll tell me is that the Saints won the Super Bowl, the Red Sox won the World Series, and Dallas won the NBA title....Nope, couldn't have happened. Impossible.....

• Like 2

Saw the show tonight on the big screen. Loved it! Can't wait to hear and see it in person. Even thou I don't get the big difference in the scores, the season is early and can only wait to see how much better the show will get before INDY! GO CROWN!

• Like 2

Saw the show tonight on the big screen. Loved it! Can't wait to hear and see it in person. Even thou I don't get the big difference in the scores, the season is early and can only wait to see how much better the show will get before INDY! GO CROWN!

Yeah, that is weird! And did you notice how close the top 3 were last night? Crown will always be my favorite, but I would love to see scores be this close right up to finals night! And I definitely wouldn't mind Crown being dethroned (pun intended) for a while, just to regain the lead at the very end! Let's mix things up a bit!

• Like 1

I'm here to say..... I liked the show. When the second half gets as exciting as the first they might just make a run for it.

• Like 3

Well, here are my thoughts after seeing the theater show...

I absolutely LOVE the pre-show. it's outstanding. They need to tone down few individuals in the role-play stuff, but it's crazy entertaining.

The rock music parts of the show are also fantastic, with one exception. They are FAR better than the Rachmaninoff segments. I hope they de-emphasize a lot of the Rach (not all, of course). The only rock part I think doesn't work is Emerson's First Piano Concerto. Granted, this will only be an issue with us old guys, but the arrangement is much too close to the way the Blue Devils did it back in '85, and it's nowhere near as lush and musical. If anything, some adjustments in this piece would smooth those bumps.

I also think they ending needs work, but I suspect that's already in the works.

Visually, it's really well done. It's staged MUCH better than last year (they don't hang the brass out in the wind), and I love the dance-style body. I do think they can ditch a lot of the "body for body's sake" in the second half of the show. It's very derivative and not really necessary. The section I am talking about got a pretty good close up tonight.

The uniforms are also excellent (ok, the star on the shako is lame, but that's a quibble). The only thing I think the show is missing is guitar. Seriously.

• Like 1

I'm here to say..... I liked the show. When the second half gets as exciting as the first they might just make a run for it.

*NO SARCASM INTENDED HERE*

I could be mistaken, and if so, I apologize in advance. Weren't you at first a little skeptical of the show? If so, then GREAT. From the moment I first saw this show at GWU back in late May, I wanted to tell the world how surprisingly good it was, but I didn't want to spoil anything. If you were in fact skeptical at first, I'm actually really glad you admitted to changing your mind. (I think) Hopefully more will do the same as the show is seen by more and more people.

• Like 2