Carolina Crown 2011: Rach Star

Crown is doing so great! I'm keeping up with every bit of media I can and every new video I get is better than the one before it!! Can't wait to see everyone in ATL and Indy!!!

CMFC :worthy:

Seems largely the same.

Am I the only one kind of appalled at that last chord? Doesn't sound like the Crown I'm used to. :sad:

Edited by Hrothgar15
  • Like 1

listen again...changes in the closer. but the million $ question is when will that be preformed?

not when we all can guess that there will be "something" added on

Not to mention that was Saturday night -- day 1 of six rehearsal days (and a clinic day).

I hear they've been busy since then :-)

Seems largely the same.

Am I the only one kind of appalled at that last chord? Doesn't sound like the Crown I'm used to. :sad:

I know what you mean, but after viewing the video a couple of times... I noticed that the clip cuts right before they get to the last move. The met can be heard and the volume seems to have dropped at that point. Maybe that rep of the end was meant to be done at mf or something.

Not to mention that was Saturday night -- day 1 of six rehearsal days (and a clinic day).

I hear they've been busy since then :-)

i bet that have. i have the faith in the staff to make the right additions pushing toward finals.

i'm looking forward to Nightbeat in a few weeks.

Edited by splat-a-drag-a-phonium

I agree with Mr. Long's assessment of the Crown's show. I think Crown will be in top shape for the second half of their season. My only exception to his statement is concerning the visual aspect. Leon May has let Crown down the last few years and IMO is not doing the best of jobs. He still insists on too much body movement in the brass and percusion sections making cleaning a very difficult task. I will say that he seems to have become less obsessed with it this year.

Two things I am thrilled with this year. First, the percussion is a prominent figure in their show. Their music selections are not only played well, but mostly entertaining.

Crown 90-92

Drum corps fans, get ready for crowns new ending. :)

OMG!

The show really needed it. Also, when does their final ending get put in? Right before Finals week, right? Long chords, reprisal of a main theme from several years ago and a crown in the drill. Klesch has got the formula down, it'll just be interesting to see how it works with their show this year.