Carolina Crown 2011: Rach Star

Crown Rach'd St Louis and boy did they. People say too much cheese, i say pass the crackers cause I am eating that cheese up. from front to back I loved that show and its real real good. Has a chance to win, clean the guard and the feet and oh boy.

Awesome !!

I'd love to see crown to add ELP or Yes (close to the edge)

They're playing ELP for their closer (although it's Emerson's Piano Concerto so it's kind of double-back on the the whole Rock/Rach thing).

Here's a Yes chart I've always wanted to hear on the field:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_yh22mc30o

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

does anyone else think that there is a "Throwing babies" moment left to be added in the "Encore"?

I think there are a few already in there...babies, bras, and undies as well. Need to get people to download a lighter app for their phone. I did!!!

I wish they would add 16 more cts to the very end. I want that classic crown chord. Please!!! Just what the doctor ordered.

All things are possible... show is a lot longer than normal to begin with.

All things are possible... show is a lot longer than normal to begin with.

Eric,

Did I see somewhere something about boy/girl scouts and participation in the pre-show flag presentation? (speaking of Night Beat, of course)

Edited by t-mac

I did not want to start a new topic to discuss a couple of matters, but I think they are important so far this season. First, let me say that I marched Crown from 90-92 and I am thrilled that they are not a top contender in DCI and have been for a few years now. I am also thrilled beyond measure with their brass arranger and caption head, who has been producing some of the best brass lines in DCI for several years now. But, I now what to bring some realism into Crown and some of their staff. Why is Crown suffering in Drums, Color Guard, and Visual? Judges have been all over the place in their scoring of these captions, but seem to have come to the opinion that again this year Crown does not have a top notch wholistic product. I love their show this year, and I also love the fact that they have been fan favorites for the last few years and will be again this year. But, they need some staff changes. I cannot believe that it is the corps members that are unable to perform at championship caliber in this captions for this year, last year, and for the visual in 2009, which IMHO, cost them the title. I am and will continue to be a vocal critic of Leon May as I definitely see him to be the weak link in Crown getting a title. Please voice your constructive thoughts about the staff and let's have an honest conversation about what Crown can do to improve their changes to win the DCI title.

Corbin