Carolina Crown 2011: Rach Star

Except for every year (but 2009...kinda).

Crown (as of 2004) has been the "pop" corps. It happens. Nothing wrong with it.

What they need to do this year is figure out a good balance between visual and musical aspects. Last year's show had some good musical moments, but the corps would be too far spread out, creating riffs in the brass book (happened far too often then anyone should admit). Once they fix that, they'll be a true competitor (not relying on someone else having an off-year).

Oh, and what do you mean by "pop"? Popular, definitely.

But their music in the past few years has had so much variety....if anything it's been taken more from the classical repertoire, especially in the past 3 years.

I hope Crown goes back to the beginning and reworks the music man, making it a championship show. What a thrill it would be for a founding member.

If they decided not to go that route, I would love to hear them play The Lord of the Rings Soundtracks by Howard Shore.

Crown Member 90-92

I hope Crown goes back to the beginning and reworks the music man, making it a championship show. What a thrill it would be for a founding member.

If they decided not to go that route, I would love to hear them play The Lord of the Rings Soundtracks by Howard Shore.

Crown Member 90-92

There are BIG THINGS coming to the Carolina’s and specifically Fort Mill……

• Like 1

There are BIG THINGS coming to the Carolina's and specifically Fort Mill……

BAHAHA.

*bump*

Not NEARLY enough Crown hype so far this season.

I'm very anxious for the show announcement /repertoire just to hear the DCP reaction to the it :-)

On the contrary. Hype is directly proportional to the amount/content of information released to the public, and the rate at which it is released. Whether its positive or negative hype, the attention on DCP is all about news reports, clips, music samples, or word that comes out of meetings and winter camps. It also has to do with the success of the corps in the previous season. 2009 was an incredible display of talent by Crown, where as 2010 has many more weaknesses and issues that prevented it from being the ultimate championship show it was supposed to be.

2009 is going to be hard to ever achieve again in my opinion. Costumes, and yes costumes not uniforms, are eventually going to get old. There is only so many things you can try with the corps appearance to get GE points. Crown is gonna have to win it the hard way - putting out a championship caliber show like that of 2009 (not saying that it should have won, as I think it deserved third, but it was certainly impressive).

Crown is receiving as much hype as it should right now

• Like 1

On the contrary. Hype is directly proportional to the amount/content of information released to the public, and the rate at which it is released. Whether its positive or negative hype, the attention on DCP is all about news reports, clips, music samples, or word that comes out of meetings and winter camps. It also has to do with the success of the corps in the previous season. 2009 was an incredible display of talent by Crown, where as 2010 has many more weaknesses and issues that prevented it from being the ultimate championship show it was supposed to be.

2009 is going to be hard to ever achieve again in my opinion. Costumes, and yes costumes not uniforms, are eventually going to get old. There is only so many things you can try with the corps appearance to get GE points. Crown is gonna have to win it the hard way - putting out a championship caliber show like that of 2009 (not saying that it should have won, as I think it deserved third, but it was certainly impressive).

Crown is receiving as much hype as it should right now

Clip put together very well. If this is their show this year, it's like what blue star did last year. should be a good year for all.

I'm also intrigued as to what the uniforms, yes uniforms, will be this year.

Ditto. I think the changeable uniform concept is genius.

• Like 1