2011 World Class Repertoires

The same forum has leaked the Bluecoats show ph34r.gif

...and I thought DCP was immature! That forum thread was interesting to say the least.

Interesting show title for Blooo if it is true.

I suppose I'm not surprised with that from Bluecoats . . .ever since Gray came on board, the themes have become a little too pseudo-intellectual for my taste.

One wonders how they're going to frame it for mass consumption; I suppose the easiest route will be a single "outsider" featured guard member or whatever.

Pass the soma. :tongue:

I suppose I'm not surprised with that from Bluecoats . . .ever since Gray came on board, the themes have become a little too pseudo-intellectual for my taste.

One wonders how they're going to frame it for mass consumption; I suppose the easiest route will be a single "outsider" featured guard member or whatever.

Pass the soma. :tongue:

Last year's show had a theme which I would never have gleaned from the performance alone. In fact even knowing the theme in advance, I still had no idea what the show was "about".

Didn't really matter -- it was entertaining and effective.

Confidence level is high (heard it from a camp attendee).

I hope so. I want them to bring it for 2011!

Last year's show had a theme which I would never have gleaned from the performance alone. In fact even knowing the theme in advance, I still had no idea what the show was "about".

Didn't really matter -- it was entertaining and effective.

Yeah, I don't really care about stuff like that for the most part, either . . .a show either reaches out and grabs me or goes over like a lead balloon depending on musical/visual choices (and Radiohead definitely is something I'm down with).

However, from a critique/repeat viewing sort of thing, one wonders if this won't end up a lot like "Imagine" to most folks from a "describe the theme of the show" POV.

However, from a critique/repeat viewing sort of thing, one wonders if this won't end up a lot like "Imagine" to most folks from a "describe the theme of the show" POV.

I suspect that will be a very good comparison. Last years production (with the exception of the electronics) was extremely conventional drum corps. Imagine -- not so much.

Interesting to note that a Ridley Scott / Leonardo Di Caprio film of the same title is scheduled for release this year.

LOL !

I meant "confidence level is high" about the show title being correct -- not about the corps (although I can't imagine it wouldn't be).

:tongue:

Ok, that makes sense too. :thumbup:

Ooops!