Most Famous Show Ever?

There are so many that could be mentioned in the 8 yrs I marched but I have one that I will never forget. Sitting on the hill in the pine trees behind the field in Whitewater 84, for some odd reason I told the girl I was with that this corps had the coolest ending and that we needed to check out the ending. We stood up to watch and right in front of me all these MMs started falling one after the other after the other. They all jumped up I believe but that ending of the Garfield Cadets in Whitewater was something to be seen live.

1971 Cavaliers.

Oops, I thought I saw INfamous! BTW I would rate 1984 Garfield at Whitewater an infamous performance.

Edit: I just saw the "Infamous Show" topic. It takes the air out of my lame attempt at humor. Carry on.

Edited by Cavie74

• 2 weeks later...

After some more thought Anahiem Kingsmen 1972 CYO National was pretty special. They went on after the rain delay and turned that east coast crowd insane.

Um...I'm just wondering. There was also a rain delay at a big show like that in 1971. Any chance that could have been 1971?

Edited by flamparadiddlediddle

I'm very disappointed about this thread!!!

I read through all 5 pages and didn't see a reference to the most inspiring show and performance ever.

After the tragedy that these kids went trough how could we all forget Spirit 1980!!!

To this day - and I go back to 1967 - the loudest performance I"ve ever heard!! and the most emotional. Jim was proud of his kids.

• 2 weeks later...

I see that this thread has evolved into a "Most Memorable Performance I ever witnessed".

OK. That's cool.

My short list; and I go back to 1948. ( although things get awfully furry for me when I think about back that far"):

1965 Chicago Royal Airs at the CYO Nationals in Boston. All time best ever!! By a wide margin IMO. My reaction after the first minute was, "This just isn't fair!" Yeah. They won.

1970 Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights at the World Open in Lynn Ma. Tru Crawford judged field horns. I don't think he touched the sheet. After the gun he turned and scaled his clipboard off the field. No. They didn't win.

1983 Phantom Regiment at the DCI Prelims at the Orange Bowl. I was never a big fan of PR. Admirer, yes. Fan, no. 1812 Overture finale, with the fire works! Blew me away. They didn't win either.

1994 27th Lancers Alumni at the DCI Finals. I was always a fan of 27. I taught them once. I let them down. I cried like a baby all the way through that show. It reminded everyone what drum corps used to be.

Everyone in Foxboro Stadium won, just to be able to see that performance.

There are so many that could be mentioned in the 8 yrs I marched but I have one that I will never forget. Sitting on the hill in the pine trees behind the field in Whitewater 84, for some odd reason I told the girl I was with that this corps had the coolest ending and that we needed to check out the ending. We stood up to watch and right in front of me all these MMs started falling one after the other after the other. They all jumped up I believe but that ending of the Garfield Cadets in Whitewater was something to be seen live.

Ah HA!!! So YOU'RE the man on the grassy knoll that caused the "Whitewater Wipeout."

Quick! Someone tell Hop!

I would say that the 84 Whitewater Wipeout was the most famous single show.

Then I would put 65 Chicago Royalaires, 75,88 and 95 Madison.

I would also include 83 Garfield and 87 Santa Clara.

Ah HA!!! So YOU'RE the man on the grassy knoll that caused the "Whitewater Wipeout."

Quick! Someone tell Hop!

I remember that! I think one of 'em broke his leg or something; they had a hole after that for a few shows.

They didn't water the grass so it was mostly brown and (obviously) quite slippery.

I loved Garfield's '83 show except for the part that wasn't "Rocky Point Holiday". "Mass" was a major snoozefest.

I remember that! I think one of 'em broke his leg or something; they had a hole after that for a few shows.

We heard that as well....but I had it confirmed a few years ago (by one of their plates), that it was only a bad sprain. No one really got hurt (except maybe their pride)