Grab a bowl, It's time to dish: 2k11 Style

PrfctTimeOfDay

Why can't a crowd-pleasing show be praised? Don't we buy tickets to be entertained? :confused:

As for SW, I think Carmel's got this one. Carmel and their stools.

Two of my favorite SW shows, Seminole and West Johnston, need some love. I can see these two guards making top 8!

Haven't watched enough IW to make any predictions, but I'm loving Zydeco and Alter Ego. Braddock is so close to that top 3 spot.

I am loving Keller HS in SA and hoping they take home a shiny medal. :D

I'm loving the innovative shows coming out of SO this year... Collins Hill and West Broward in particular.

Thats why WGI created the fan favorite award...people vote during finals for their favorite guard and at finals retreat the winner is announced. That is where a crowd pleasing show can get appraisal, but there is more to marching winterguard than pleasing the crowd...though its a big part of it. Competing is what makes guard so much fun!!! Everyone wants to do well. Everyone wants to win.

Why can't a crowd-pleasing show be praised? Don't we buy tickets to be entertained? :confused:

As for SW, I think Carmel's got this one. Carmel and their stools.

Two of my favorite SW shows, Seminole and West Johnston, need some love. I can see these two guards making top 8!

Haven't watched enough IW to make any predictions, but I'm loving Zydeco and Alter Ego. Braddock is so close to that top 3 spot.

I am loving Keller HS in SA and hoping they take home a shiny medal. :D

I'm loving the innovative shows coming out of SO this year... Collins Hill and West Broward in particular.

Is Keller going to Dayton? I sure hope so, but I'm not seeing them on the list of attending units on wgi.org.

the independants!

can you guess which world class guard recently tacked on an ersatz pride 2010 ending on their program?it comes off as sudden,desperate and odd. :rock:

what about the guard masquerading as cheap community theater peformance art? :sleeping:

has anyone seen the top scoring world class guard who's weapons continualy cheat throughout their vocabulary,who dont' display a particularly superb level of acheivement,and seem to excell at sloppy catch's? :music:

and watch out for the low hanging world guard with staging reminiscent of a cattle drive! :blink:

Edited by dugg
  • Like 2

the independants!

can you guess which world class guard recently tacked on an ersatz pride 2010 ending on their program?it comes off as sudden,desperate and odd. :rock:

what about the guard masquerading as cheap community theater peformance art? :sleeping:

has anyone seen the top scoring world class guard who's weapons continualy cheat throughout their vocabulary,who dont' display a particularly superb level of acheivement,and seem to excell at sloppy cathes? :music:

and watch out for the low hanging world guard with staging reminiscent of a cattle drive! :blink:

feel free to send me the answers.. i have my guesses HAHHA!

• Like 1

feel free to send me the answers.. i have my guesses HAHHA!

I'm pretty sure I know all that you speak of - - - - but won't post for fear of being limitated from the activity. :w00t:

• Like 2

Everyone wants to do well. Everyone wants to win.

that is true!

i admire the director/designers who care more about what they make than how well they do,and sadly i can only think of a few examples. :lookaround:

the independants!

has anyone seen the top scoring world class guard who's weapons continualy cheat throughout their vocabulary,who dont' display a particularly superb level of acheivement,and seem to excell at sloppy catch's? :music:

overheard during the break,"it was a long way to the well and the bucket came back empty"

i forgot to mention the lone star state world guard who's regional finals program [a seven min long sleeping pill]was litered with so many drops i thought i wandered into the percussion event! :w00t:

Edited by dugg
  • Like 1

the independants!

Doug - OUCH!! This is quite the scathing post....

• Like 1

overheard during the break,"it was a long way to the well and the bucket came back empty"

i forgot to mention the lone star state world guard who's regional finals program [a seven min long sleeping pill]was litered with so many drops i thought i wandered into the percussion event! :w00t:

yeah they had a ruff weekend.. I would still place them above the 2nd Place guard!