Grab a bowl, It's time to dish: 2k11 Style

PrfctTimeOfDay

That post makes me think of how bad it bothers me when the announcer says " is the guard ready " and people in the audience say "they're always ready" OHHHHH that bugs the crap out of me! :thumbdown:

Oh, I love it when parents yell "THEY WERE BORN READY!" Really? Then how come at rehearsal I'm always WAITING on your daughter to get set?

• Like 2

Wishing there would be a guard director in Scholastic World or Independant World in which they would have the courage to bring back an "Old School" show back from the mid '80's...precision drill, huge tosses and exchanges, etc..., examples: Skylarks, Cavs, Miller's Blackhawks, State Street...I think that would be so great...at least for the kids marching and the fans, ...judges- "Probably NOT"

You read my mind.

So - what do we all think about Miamisburg being so low in the standings?? Some said they were "great!" after MEPA championships... so what happened in WGI prelims?? Choctawhatchee passed them up and could (most likely will) make finals... Did anyone see Miamisburg in prelims?? Or today in semis???

So glad to see SCV on top!!!

Scores seem low... OR the judges are actually being critical and not letting groups get away with sloppy catches, ugly feet, and poor form control.

So - what do we all think about Miamisburg being so low in the standings?? Some said they were "great!" after MEPA championships... so what happened in WGI prelims?? Choctawhatchee passed them up and could (most likely will) make finals... Did anyone see Miamisburg in prelims?? Or today in semis???

I may be incorrect, but I think this may be the first time since Miamisburg first began attending WGI (mid-80's) that they won't be in finals. While it's true that they have "slipped" a bit in recent years from their normal championship level of excellence, I also think that other groups have simply taken their talents to new heights. Scholastic World has become competitive like never before. Here's hoping that Miamisburg can regroup and return to their place among the activity's elite. They need to look no further than Northview HS for inspiration. After a few sub-par years, that ensemble is now looking at possibly their best placement in recent memory.

Scores seem low... OR the judges are actually being critical and not letting groups get away with sloppy catches, ugly feet, and poor form control.

I'm hoping and praying that Miamisburg is just experiencing changes like Fantasia did last year. Fantasia didn't make finals last year and this year they are sitting in 5th. Very happy to see them rebound

I am psyched SCV is on top, right where they belong. I'm debating right now about purchasing fan network to watch the rest of the day.

I watched it...... I'm sorry, those kids are way more talented than that show. The show is poorly staged and designed. (in my opinion)

Choctawatchee..... no way.. they were much better than the florida regional but still no way. Strong kids, clean but poorly designed show. (side note: i really don't like the collegiate dancers out there - they simply repeat the same moves over and over - I don't get it)

I believe this is the first time Miamisburg has not made finals.... Fantasia is a good example and i want to mention Northview!!! who (I believe) has missed finals the last two years and are in 5th! Theire incredible this year!!