Grab a bowl, It's time to dish: 2k11 Style

PrfctTimeOfDay

i'd like to comment/offer some advice to a wonderful guard that competed in denver last weekend.

Irondale

I think that show is great... i really was entertained and engaged

HOWEVER - STOP THE COUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I can hear you counting I will not watch you again! You are clean and had a great performance - there's no need for that and if there is - you must get over that!

cheers and best of luck the rest of the season

i'd like to comment/offer some advice to a wonderful guard that competed in denver last weekend.

Irondale

I think that show is great... i really was entertained and engaged

HOWEVER - STOP THE COUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I can hear you counting I will not watch you again! You are clean and had a great performance - there's no need for that and if there is - you must get over that!

cheers and best of luck the rest of the season

OMG OMG I was thinking of posting the same exact comment!!!!!! like 10 minutes ago!!!! I was thinking if I were a judge Id ask them to stop with all the vocals ..its distracting!!!! I dont need a AHHHHH after every catch!

Doug - OUCH!! This is quite the scathing post....

I was thinking the same thing..... yikes. I have so many shows that I'm loving... I can't remember them all! And there are a few that seem to be favorites on this board, that I'm hoping will grow on me. Most memorable favorites:

SCV (can't get the music out of my head!)

Corona

Zydeco

Field of View

puhleeze,i saw a guard that was so bad after their show the red cross refused to serve them coffee! :devil:

i saw a guard that was so bad they struggled to steal focus from the gymnasium exit sign! :shutup:

i saw a guard that was so bad they brought in a FEMA trailer! :smile:

i saw a guard who was so bad i swear they gave up catching for lent! :rock:

Edited by dugg
  • Like 1

puhleeze,i saw a guard that was so bad after their show the red cross refused to serve them coffee! :devil:

i saw a guard that was so bad they struggled to steal focus from the gymnasium exit sign! :shutup:

OMG...HILARIOUS and I just peed a little! This is Convalescence Winterguard, right?!? :-)

Fahrenheit World started strong, did a ton of changes and rumor has it they are gunning for a top 15 spot. I know one of their instructors who said their staff was in tears during their run throughs this weekend because they have improved so much. Seeing this show live it is one you have to see live. These performers are all about performing and bring the audience to their feet. I look forward to them at this Orlando/Tampa regional. Can't wait. Also Braddock is amazing live, can't wait to see them either. Premonition is good just very boring to watch live. I miss their in your face shows, but Fahrenheit brought the entertainment this year!

Fahrenheit World started strong, did a ton of changes and rumor has it they are gunning for a top 15 spot. I know one of their instructors who said their staff was in tears during their run throughs this weekend because they have improved so much. Seeing this show live it is one you have to see live. These performers are all about performing and bring the audience to their feet. I look forward to them at this Orlando/Tampa regional. Can't wait. Also Braddock is amazing live, can't wait to see them either. Premonition is good just very boring to watch live. I miss their in your face shows, but Fahrenheit brought the entertainment this year!

I would take Fahrenheit over Opus X in finals for sure. Much rather have an entertaining show than the same show I have seen every year since 2003. Unfortunately this year all the world guards are top notch.. I am rooting for them but I have a feeling they will not make it. Guards like Emanon and Paramount, Ars Nova all should be in finals, but there are very few spots I think these 3 will be fighting for that 15th place :( Can we have a top 20 please

@ thedova:

Opus 10 derserves a finals spot just as much as anyone; they have their niche and they stick to it. Who are you to say they don't deserve to be in finals just because you think they do the "same" shows every year "since 2003". That's ridiculous. You could easily say then, that Corona hasn't done anything "new" since they came out since they tend to repeat various tricks,etc from year to year. If you're good at it then keep on doing it! Opus X does classical and they do it VERY well with intense dance training to prove it, along with an equipment book that is truly world class.

• Like 1

@ thedova:

Opus 10 derserves a finals spot just as much as anyone; they have their niche and they stick to it. Who are you to say they don't deserve to be in finals just because you think they do the "same" shows every year "since 2003". That's ridiculous. You could easily say then, that Corona hasn't done anything "new" since they came out since they tend to repeat various tricks,etc from year to year. If you're good at it then keep on doing it! Opus X does classical and they do it VERY well with intense dance training to prove it, along with an equipment book that is truly world class.

*nods head in agreement*

I saw a guard that was such a disaster now Japan is giving them donations! :shutup: