Grab a bowl, It's time to dish: 2k11 Style

PrfctTimeOfDay

@ thedova:

Opus 10 derserves a finals spot just as much as anyone; they have their niche and they stick to it. Who are you to say they don't deserve to be in finals just because you think they do the "same" shows every year "since 2003". That's ridiculous. You could easily say then, that Corona hasn't done anything "new" since they came out since they tend to repeat various tricks,etc from year to year. If you're good at it then keep on doing it! Opus X does classical and they do it VERY well with intense dance training to prove it, along with an equipment book that is truly world class.

Oh I agree, they do it very very well.. never said they werent good.. I would just rather see a show on the DVD that I would watch! I'd like to see them step out of their box.. do a song thats NOT classical, and push themselves. Try a dark show, a song with words.. etc.. I've said the same for Corona as well.. the thing that sets them apart in my opinion is entertainment value. Corona puts on a good show, full of hard tricks, hard work (yeah they may have done them before) but it still takes good skill to be able to achieve them.

I would just like to see a little variety w/ Opus.

As far as finals go I think they are guaranteed a spot this yr, but I dont think they should have been in finals last year, I think Ars Nova was robbed. but Its all just a matter of taste I guess.

I agree with quite a few of the posters. Why change something when you have a style and it works for you!

Mainly because in World Class you are supposed to be setting new standards, taking risks, exploring new avenues. That's what I loved about Pride. So entertaining mainly because you had no idea what they would do the next year. Not like alot of others that are extremely predictable.

Mainly because in World Class you are supposed to be setting new standards, taking risks, exploring new avenues. That's what I loved about Pride. So entertaining mainly because you had no idea what they would do the next year. Not like alot of others that are extremely predictable.

THANK YOU!!!!! World is all about NEW NEW NEW, like Onyx last yr, Avon 07, push the boundaries, further the activity, etc...

THANK YOU!!!!! World is all about NEW NEW NEW, like Onyx last yr, Avon 07, push the boundaries, further the activity, etc...

Exactly!!!!!!! Unfortunately even many WGI judges speak out of both sides of their mouths on one hand they say all you said on the other hand they reward the same ole same ole and They wonder why people don't dare to be different...lol

Sure they did but you also have to understand the double standards in World class . They are there and known by most who are involved.

Just part of the game .

oh believe me - i understand - i've been involved with WGI for 25 years

Fahrenheit World started strong, did a ton of changes and rumor has it they are gunning for a top 15 spot. I know one of their instructors who said their staff was in tears during their run throughs this weekend because they have improved so much. Seeing this show live it is one you have to see live. These performers are all about performing and bring the audience to their feet. I look forward to them at this Orlando/Tampa regional. Can't wait. Also Braddock is amazing live, can't wait to see them either. Premonition is good just very boring to watch live. I miss their in your face shows, but Fahrenheit brought the entertainment this year!

Rumor has it all world guards gunning for a top 15 spot. I just left the Southeast Champs and this show has improved a lot. I happen to love fun, kick ###, upbeat shows like this one. Having been around this team for a very long time I would like to say to the preformers "decide if you want to sit in the stands on Sat night or be on the floor and then make it happen!" From here on out its up to you.

As for some of the other posts in this thread. You can have a style that works for you and stay inside your comfort zone as long as it feels right for you. But just use Nei as an example they steped outside their box after years of doing the same style of show and look what they achived. Of corse they jumped back in the box and sadley have taken Premonition with them. I like Freak but I don't see premonition and thats who I want to see. I can't wait untill my mecca begins. I wish everyone to have your best show ever no matter where you place. Leave It On The Floor No Regrets!

Rumor has it all world guards gunning for a top 15 spot. I just left the Southeast Champs and this show has improved a lot. I happen to love fun, kick ###, upbeat shows like this one. Having been around this team for a very long time I would like to say to the preformers "decide if you want to sit in the stands on Sat night or be on the floor and then make it happen!" From here on out its up to you.

As for some of the other posts in this thread. You can have a style that works for you and stay inside your comfort zone as long as it feels right for you. But just use Nei as an example they steped outside their box after years of doing the same style of show and look what they achived. Of corse they jumped back in the box and sadley have taken Premonition with them. I like Freak but I don't see premonition and thats who I want to see. I can't wait untill my mecca begins. I wish everyone to have your best show ever no matter where you place. Leave It On The Floor No Regrets!

I too was at the Southeastern Championships and thought many shows have shown tremendous growth. Congrats to all of the teams as they prepare for the big dance in two weeks.

It never ceases to amaze me when people criticize the creative choices of others. I have to assume these people are all successful designers of long term nationally competitive units or perhaps judges on SYTYCD....or maybe even a successful choreographer in a major broadway musical. We all have our preferences, but the lack of respect for some of the most discussed guards on this forum is disturbing.

Edited by CoastGuard