Phantom Regiment 2011

Corps Unis: Concept is understood and should work well. Would like to see a group in unis from 20 yards away to see real effect. Concerns: Silver placard/shield (not the mirror) may not contrast enough with the white of the jacket, losing effect. Personal preference: Would like to have the front of the jacket more pointed to help mimic the shield.

Don't worry about it. On finals night they'll put a blood squib behind the shield, and the entire corp will die with Juliet. :cool: Edited by jthomas666
  • Like 1

I'm worried that tomorrow night's Concert in the Park might be cancelled!

Its 92 degrees right now - feels like 96+.

TOMORROW is supposed to be 98 degrees, HIGH humidity......heat index 105+ ????

A large portion of the crowd (and it is always crowded) at this event is the elderly. They love the concert!

Until after 8pm, the whole seating area might be in direct sunlight.

The corps members can take it - can the crowd?

Will the Rockford Park District chance people getting heat stroke while watching?

Hoping for COOLER weather!

I'm worried that tomorrow night's Concert in the Park might be cancelled!

Its 92 degrees right now - feels like 96+.

TOMORROW is supposed to be 98 degrees, HIGH humidity......heat index 105+ ????

A large portion of the crowd (and it is always crowded) at this event is the elderly. They love the concert!

Until after 8pm, the whole seating area might be in direct sunlight.

The corps members can take it - can the crowd?

Will the Rockford Park District chance people getting heat stroke while watching?

Hoping for COOLER weather!

Heck...I'll be there! Bring on the heat--I'm still trying to thaw out from such a cold winter.

You are so right that the elderly love Phantom. I know that at previous Sinnissippi park concerts the corps actually had to hire bouncers because of some of us perky old ladies were standing up towards the stage and flirting with the snare line. I must admit that I had a few too many gin and tonics that year and when I got back to the home I realized I didn't have my bra. That's the year they played Spartacus and I guess I just got too wrapped up in the excitement. The only thing I know is that was my lucky bra which explains their championship.

This year I swore off juice for this event for fear that I would lose self-control and embarrass myself. With the heat that's expected tonight, I suppose I'll be wearing my long bill bonnet and my leopard print bikini. If you're there keep an eye open for me. Just remember that Elanore is the one with the tan and I'm the one who got my tanning bed privileges taken away from me at the home (that's another long story).

• Like 2

Heck...I'll be there! Bring on the heat--I'm still trying to thaw out from such a cold winter.

You are so right that the elderly love Phantom. I know that at previous Sinnissippi park concerts the corps actually had to hire bouncers because of some of us perky old ladies were standing up towards the stage and flirting with the snare line. I must admit that I had a few too many gin and tonics that year and when I got back to the home I realized I didn't have my bra. That's the year they played Spartacus and I guess I just got too wrapped up in the excitement. The only thing I know is that was my lucky bra which explains their championship.

This year I swore off juice for this event for fear that I would lose self-control and embarrass myself. With the heat that's expected tonight, I suppose I'll be wearing my long bill bonnet and my leopard print bikini. If you're there keep an eye open for me. Just remember that Elanore is the one with the tan and I'm the one who got my tanning bed privileges taken away from me at the home (that's another long story).

I'll be lookin' for ya Granny!

I'll have the heavy gloves on - still recovering from frostbite milking the cows early one late May morning. It was 'utterly' horrible that day! Thankfully it was warmed up and we, plus a thousand or so of our best friends, will be sweatin' it out watching our corps play their hearts out.

BUT hopefully not too warm....dont want too many of the ladies from the home disrobing and dancing to "A Time for Us"........... :doh::doh:

wish i could be in Rockford tonight