Phantom Regiment 2011

Am I going to say anything bad?

Phantom Regiment played several encore songs before playing the 11 minute 2011 program.

The color guard did not dress for the concert. They were all there for support

The corps did not wear their helmets. Good call as it was still 92 degrees.

It's hard to tell how each horn section did. They were packed together. About half way thru the program I thought a couple horns started on the wrong count but maybe it is part of the show. Will see on Sunday.

Percussion is featured throughout the show. Seeing they are a 100% new group, I think they sounded amazingly good. Not the traditional PR percussion sound.

There are 8 snares, I think.

16 contra tubas!

The pit,also 100% new members, flew across the pit apparatuses. And, yes, we do have a synth but it is not featured as far as I could hear.

Horns played softly and then with volume but waiting for the on the field production to see if they can play and march.

Percussion has solos.

Pit has solos.

So please don't tell me that the program is incomplete when you see it.

Can't wait for dress rehearsal on Sunday night!

GO PHANTOM REGIMENT!

• Like 3

Am I going to say anything bad?

Phantom Regiment played several encore songs before playing the 11 minute 2011 program.

The color guard did not dress for the concert. They were all there for support

The corps did not wear their helmets. Good call as it was still 92 degrees.

It's hard to tell how each horn section did. They were packed together. About half way thru the program I thought a couple horns started on the wrong count but maybe it is part of the show. Will see on Sunday.

Percussion is featured throughout the show. Seeing they are a 100% new group, I think they sounded amazingly good. Not the traditional PR percussion sound.

There are 8 snares, I think.

16 contra tubas!

The pit,also 100% new members, flew across the pit apparatuses. And, yes, we do have a synth but it is not featured as far as I could hear.

Horns played softly and then with volume but waiting for the on the field production to see if they can play and march.

Percussion has solos.

Pit has solos.

So please don't tell me that the program is incomplete when you see it.

Can't wait for dress rehearsal on Sunday night!

GO PHANTOM REGIMENT!

With that comment, I'm surprised anyone even noticed the corps. :rolleyes:

• Like 6

With that comment, I'm surprised anyone even noticed the corps. :rolleyes:

:w00t: Should have KNOWN my comments would be taken 'literally'!!!!

THAT WOULD HAVE distracted a great deal from the concert! :doh:

......I blame my previous posting on the weather........

Edited by rkfdPRphan

Heck...I'll be there! Bring on the heat--I'm still trying to thaw out from such a cold winter.

You are so right that the elderly love Phantom. I know that at previous Sinnissippi park concerts the corps actually had to hire bouncers because of some of us perky old ladies were standing up towards the stage and flirting with the snare line. I must admit that I had a few too many gin and tonics that year and when I got back to the home I realized I didn't have my bra. That's the year they played Spartacus and I guess I just got too wrapped up in the excitement. The only thing I know is that was my lucky bra which explains their championship.

This year I swore off juice for this event for fear that I would lose self-control and embarrass myself. With the heat that's expected tonight, I suppose I'll be wearing my long bill bonnet and my leopard print bikini. If you're there keep an eye open for me. Just remember that Elanore is the one with the tan and I'm the one who got my tanning bed privileges taken away from me at the home (that's another long story).

would love to hear your thoughts granny

First: If you're not friends with me on Facebook I invite you to befriend me (www.facebook.com/sweetgrannysmith)

Last night was a lovely night and Phantom as usual has a beautiful sound. The weather was actually rather pleasant and it was great to take in a night being entertained by Phantom Regiment (BTW: one of the reasons I love Phantom is that they always strive to entertain me!).

Also, for the record, I behaved myself.

Edited by Granny Smith