Phantom Regiment 2011

Seriously folks - what video of the program are we talking about?

The recording at Sinnissippi Concert in the Park on Tuesday?

Standing in a wood/concrete bandshell with trees growing in front of it and recording half a block away = to marching on the field?

Come on! Sure it showed everyone what music selections are being played, but judging the tone, harmony, strength, visual, .....and whatever else! HOW?

I'm waiting for Sunday night.

Full uniform.

Out on the field marching and playing under the lights - THAT will give me an idea of what the visual, tone, harmony, strength and endurance is of the corps right now!

<sigh> Trolls get me upset, even when I know the truth.

( I loved the music from '09, but it sure didn't translate well on the field.)

• Like 1

Sorry, but you're just flat out wrong. J.D. Shaw doesn't write weak horn books; it simply just doesn't happen. The execution might be off, but the books are solid.

Much like last year, from the initial recordings I hear Phantom taking on much, much bigger challenges with interval leaps, harmonic blends, and instrument range than most other DCI corps. Difficulty in brass is more than just "non-stop sixteenth runs."

I'm a huge Phantom homer, no apology. But to me, this show has the excitement "feel" of their 2003 show: it might not end up much better than 5th place, but the crowd is going to eat it up.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that this show will be that awesome. We could get along. :thumbup:

Edited by DrumManTx

Am i the only one who thinks Phantoms new uniforms are awful? Not being mean or anything, but what was wrong with their old ones?

2006 and 2008 ones were great

Yes you're the only one!

I'm pretty sure i'm not.

You are not the only one.

I don't like PR's new look. It looks cheap and phoned in.

I'm a big fan of their look the last few years, but this year is not a good look.

• Like 3

Seriously folks - what video of the program are we talking about?

The recording at Sinnissippi Concert in the Park on Tuesday?

Standing in a wood/concrete bandshell with trees growing in front of it and recording half a block away = to marching on the field?

Come on! Sure it showed everyone what music selections are being played, but judging the tone, harmony, strength, visual, .....and whatever else! HOW?

I'm waiting for Sunday night.

Full uniform.

Out on the field marching and playing under the lights - THAT will give me an idea of what the visual, tone, harmony, strength and endurance is of the corps right now!

<sigh> Trolls get me upset, even when I know the truth.

( I loved the music from '09, but it sure didn't translate well on the field.)

Half a block away? The recording I watched was in 1080HD and was recorded maybe 20 yards away from the top of some bleachers or something. That said: It sounds like June PR.