Sinvitation 7

Pleased to annouce that the Teal Sound will be performing " Sinvitation 7 " for the 2011 Program . Music will explore a wider range of electronics and the actual titles will be released soon . While awaiting approval I can tell you we will be exploring the likes of Vitamin String Quartet , soundtracks and We do still love our rock !

Teal Sound is setting record numbers for auditions and we are excited to kick off the season !

It is fun to be doing drum corps in Florida again !

Great name for a show.

• Like 1

So what will Teal do when the electronics ruling is repealed?

Regardless, not a fan of the guitars on the field. (which is funny because I did like it when Cavies used them in the rifle drill)

I guess I just don't like how Teal uses them.

Teal used a guitar, Cavies used a synthesizer to imitate a guitar. If you are a guitar player there is a difference, just like there is a difference if you play tuba or you play synthesizer to sound like a tuba.

Doug Stemet

Crossmen Soprano and Staff member waayyy back.

Teal Parent - Today.

Wow... What a great weekend!

Next camp:

January 7-9

Matanzas High School

3535 Old Kings Rd N.

Palm Coast, FL

For more info visit www.tealsound.org or email info@tealsound.org

Edited by NSBNole

I am looking forward to Teal's show this year and every year after that. I pray they make 12 this year, it's about time that a Drum Corps who is willing to break down some barriers get in. Instead of being judged on the biases of "I hate guitars" or "Electronics kill drum corps" how about they be judged on how entertaining the show is. If it's good, let's watch it. If it stinks, it shouldn't have made 12 in the first place. People go to finals to see the best shows, and they shouldn't have to pray that Teal makes it so that they can hear them along with there other favorites.

Edited by NoFunnyBusiness
  • Like 1

I am looking forward to Teal's show this year and every year after that. I pray they make 12 this year, it's about time that a Drum Corps who is willing to break down some barriers get in. Instead of being judged on the biases of "I hate guitars" or "Electronics kill drum corps" how about they be judged on how entertaining the show is. If it's good, let's watch it. If it stinks, it shouldn't have made 12 in the first place. People go to finals to see the best shows, and they shouldn't have to pray that Teal makes it so that they can here them along with there other favorites.

Yeah that's kind of hard for them to do at this point. Maybe in future someday, but I think you bring up a good point.

I'm listening to 2010 Stephen F. Austin's (TX) "Miss Understood."

For those of you that don't know, SFA doesn't have a color guard at all, but a dance team (and a very good one I must say.).

In most ways, I feel this is a metaphor to Teal Sound's situation now.

SFA literally broke the mold very boldly, and they ended with some of the greatest high school marching shows to ever walk on the field.

And they sound like a drum corps. Even with woodwinds. Maybe not as loud, but very good intonation.

• 1 month later...

SFA literally broke the mold very boldly, and they ended with some of the greatest high school marching shows to ever walk on the field.

And they sound like a drum corps. Even with woodwinds. Maybe not as loud, but very good intonation.

When did it become OK for a high school marching band's brass section to sound like a drum corps and vice versa?

• Like 1

I'd give anything for my HS band brass section to sound like a drum corps brass section, and if it was Teal's, that would be fine with me (but I am a little biased).

Do I want my entire wind section (including ww's) to sound like a drum corps brass section - NO!

Should a drum corps brass section sound like my entire wind section (including ww's) - NO!

I like my band's sound in the fall, and my horn line's sound in the summer.

Go Teal - Nothing else matters!

Edited by Steve Knob
  • Like 1

I switched off right there. :lol:

Me too.

Its a Chord Not a cord.