What show would you show someone who had never hear of drum corps?

I'd go with Cavies '04 or Madison Scouts '99.

Edited by losnickes

Cavies 06(MACHINE) is a popular choice but Cavies 08(Samurai)is my choice. I still think this is one of the most underrated shows of the past decade (along with Cavies 03 Spin Cycle).

Great show, Cavies 08--still think it could have won any other year, or maybe even that year!

1988, 95, 99 Madison Scouts, 1986, 88 Blue Devils, 1987, 88 Santa Clara, 1989,91,96 Phantom...just for a few.

Yeah, that is some pretty sweet 7-to-5 Jazz Running! :thumbup:

Funny thing; I did show that video to some drum corps newbies (or at least to some people who are not into the activity or know who is on top or bottom of DCI, but know of its existence). It was either during summer 08, or not long after when the majority of drum corps fans were rabid over Phantom Regiment. The person literally said two things:

1. "why do they make something easy look so hard"

2. "that's what's winning?!"

I found that reaction interesting (FWIW, I absolutely LOVE the opening to that Phantom flying/bird show), and then showed them Cavaliers 06. They were pretty floored, and said something along the lines of, "now that's more like it."

Kind of funny...

I've given up on videos. Even my parents won't watch any drum corps videos, I'm hoping that they and many of my friends will come to my show this year and see that it isn't "just a stupid band thing".

whenever i hear someone talk about 2000, they usually say cavaliers won.

Besides, in 2001 the first show they had was just between cavaliers and cadets

which was also known as the tie breaker show and needless to say, cavaliers won

That depends who you talk to. When you talk to mostly Green Team, they will tend to say they won. Although I respect your opinion, the opinion on most of DCP based on the results of many "greatest shows polls" and "best of" polls typically indicates that the general consensus lies with the Cadets instead of Cavies. I really don't think an early season show to determine who should have won finals the year prior is enough to call a winner or loser for one of the more heated contests in the activity.

• Like 1